Gynecomastia..

This is from the UK's Health Service website which suggests that there is medication for this condition, besides surgery, but the cause has to be determined by a qualified doctor first so that the appropriate course of action can be taken.

Gynaecomastia is a common condition in teenage boys where firm, tender breast tissue grows under the nipples. It is usually caused by an imbalance of hormones during puberty and usually disappears without treatment within a couple of years.

In rare cases, it could be due to taking anabolic steroids, taking certain medicines (prescription or over-the-counter) or using cannabis. Very occasionally gynaecomastia is due to a tumour or disease.

If the condition occurs in an adult man, he may need tests to find out the cause of the problem. The problem may be linked to the pituitary gland, the liver or the testicles and treatment may be necessary. Treatment options include medication to reduce the extra breast tissue or, in rare cases, surgery.

Some men and boys have fat on their chests that makes it look like they have breasts. This is 'false gynecomastia' and is helped by losing weight. The best way to do this is with a combination of healthy eating and regular exercise.

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/885.aspx?CategoryID=61&SubCategoryID=614

As you can see with the variety of possible causes only a visit to a doctor can give a true answer to a specific case,

Get to about 10% body fat and do a lot of upper-body workouts.

That's my suggestion, but I'm not a medical doctor.

Losing large amounts of body fat and doing years of strength training seems to make women lose the appearance of breasts, too.

You can see this with many female bodybuilders. Some don't lose the appearance, and the others might have implants.

I was researching the issue last year, and I came across some new research into the issue.

It had to do with estrogen receptors in males and their activity being unusual.

I can't remember too much, but I think weight loss helps reduce the condition.

From what I was reading and the videos I was viewing, it seems like males with the condition are similar to women.

It makes me wonder what kind of chromosome (autosomal vs. sex) the phenotypic characteristic is presented from.

Edited by Genecks