Feedback

swansont; Hand slapping/humiliation/embarrassment of a poster or moderator, IMO should not EVER happen in public. In understanding not every person registers with the intent to contribute, the mass majority DO. Just as you and the moderators, these posters are taking minutes to hours to properly form and summit a post, sometimes with an agenda, a question or a dreamed up idea that to them makes sense. In many cases, they will be new or inexperienced on the public stage coming off as stark raving idiots to the experienced.

In my case and many such cases, where we post on subjects that by nature, have no right or wrong, rather a viewpoint (opinion) on what they feel should be the solution. There is NO law, including murder, that is not challenged daily, no political opinion that is absolute to all, history issues can be fitted to any argument and so on.

You are entitled to your opinion. However, private and public have both been tried, and "open" seems to work better. We continually discuss issues that come up, in order to make things better. This is what we have.

It's certainly possible to post even on controversial topics without breaking the rules. That's the best course of action, and one I think the staff and other participants in the discussion would prefer. Being wrong about something, or being on the minority side of an opinion is not a rules violation.

No and sorry, but your forcing me to go personal. This scuffle started over bascule, whom I happen to like and have said so 100 times. However IMO, he has a serious problem with the Bush 43 Administration and members. I believe he would enjoy seeing Rumsfeld, Chaney, Gonzalez and others sent to jail. He is by no means the only person who feels this way in (not forum members), is a common theme on Left Wing Forums and no more or less aggressive than were those on Clinton during his 2 terms, which I also opposed. No doubt, I did a lousy job of placing the issue in an acceptable manner, but the issue was valid, from my perspective.

The problem was going from this observation to calling it trolling. The very nature of calling someone a troll is an off-topic distraction, since it introduces another point of focus to the discussion, unrelated to the OP. It forces the accused to defending him/herself, and invites others to weigh in on something that's off-topic.

It's something that seems easier to say than do, but the best course of action against a suspected troll is to post nothing at all, rather than call attention to the posts and/or poster. (This includes "don't feed the trolls" posts.)