Got raped by a Venom tonight.

admiral_ju00

Like the title said, I got my arse handed to me by a Venom 650.

This is the first venom I've ever seen in KY. I don't believe and or engage in street racing, but this was an opportunity I could not miss, even though I knew that there's no way in hell my car could outperform her, but there's that chance of user error. I guess I was hoping that she might have slipped a gear or something....

We had 3 launches, and the first one was a test more or less. Second we got out at about the same time(but that was it though, she very quickly overtook me after that point) and the final hit me with a train. By the time I got to 60, I lost sight of the venom. :P

Caught up with the girl at the next intersection and had a brief chat. She popped the hood and pretty much bragged about it(as she should have, obviously).

Damn I love and want that car, hell, I'll take a regular 92 RT/10 in a heartbeat!!!

One thing that sucks about the 'Maro though is at higher speeds the car starts to shake and does not feel all that secure. Highest speed I've every pushed it to was about 95mph.

What car is the Venom?

Venom is what Used to be a Dodge Viper, before the John Hennesey got to it. Basically it's Viper on Crack.

They are heavily modified from their original configuration(block,body,chassis,etc), so a typical Venom, will cost you well over 100 grand, but usually less then 200 grand.

In this case, Venom 650 means Dodge Viper Venom with 650HP. :D

{edit}

Err, It seems all this time I was confusing the 650 thing for being too literal. 650R Venom seems to actually make 660HP, according to this:

http://www.venomviper.com/pages/performance_specs.htm

"Maro" => You have a Chevrolet Camaro? Which one?

Yep, I have the 99 Z28 Camaro. The new LS1 engine is a huge improvement over the slightly older LT1. That engine is rated at 305HP.

ill take a koenigsegg CCR anytime .

ccr1_640.jpg

ccr2_640.jpg

ccr3_640.jpg

ccr4_640.jpg

Here are the specs.

Performance

Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0–62 mph) 3.2 seconds

Top speed: 395+ km/h (242+ mph)

Standing quartermile: 9 seconds, end speed 235 km/h (146 mph)

Braking distance: 31 m (100–0 km/h)

Lateral g-force: 1.3 g

Fuel consumption: Highway travel: 13 l/100 km

Combined: 17 l/100 km

Wheels

Koenigsegg magnesium alloy wheels with centre locking.

Front: 19” x 9.5”

Rear: 20” x 12.5”

Engine

Type: V8 cast aluminium, 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts. Cam cover of carbonfibre.

Displacement: 4.700 cm3.

Compression: 8.6:1

Weight: 215 kg

Lubrication system: Dry sump with unique oil spray piston cooling. Oil cooler.

Oil: SAE 5 W/30 fully synthetic racing.

Oil tank capacity: 12 litres (2.64 gallons)

Induction system: Sequential, multipoint fuel injection. Lysholm twin-screw supercharger with 1.2 bar boost pressure. Intercooler.

Fuel: 98 RON unleaded.

Ignition system: Direct coil on plug. Transistorised.

Power output: 806 bhp at 6.900 rpm.

Maximum torque: 920 Nm (678 ftlb) at 5.700 rpm.

Maximum rpm: 7.600 rpm.

taken from here http://www.koenigsegg.com/ . I once saw this car being reviewed in BBC Top Gear, and its a monster of a car. Its dry weight is only 1180kg!!

Reason why I like Vipers so much is because of their practicality(well of price anyway). Say take this car, or a Lambo, for the price of 1 new lambo, one could get 2 new and a used Viper GTS. Or you can give your Viper GTS to the good ol' John for a month or so and he will make an already fast race car into a super car, and the price will still be cheaper than of a new Lambo Marcielago.

Or you could by some used Vipers for 40k or slightly under, plus most vipers on sale hardly ever clock more than 10k on their total mileage.

Hennessey Venom 800TT

{edit}

I don't know about how auto insurance works in Europe, but here, insurance on a viper or a corvette will be so much easier to deal with, than with a supercar.

A buddy of mine got a Z06(2 years ago) and he was paying $500 per month for the Car, and $500 per 3 months for the Z06. I don't even want to know how much will it cost to insure a beast like that or a Lambo(new, ofcourse).

{edit 2}

The other thing I like about cars is the sound they produce. Take for example any 60's or early 70's American Muscle car, eg: Plymouth Superbird with a 6 barrel motor, and the sound(both engine and exhaust) it puts out is absolutely awesome. The new era sport scars have a much more subdued sound.

And Viper does make better sounds(at least imo) than a number of recent Ferraris.

You can get an (admittedly older) XKR second hand for under £20k. Probably won't be the supercharged version, but it's an absolutely awesome car.

Still got my eyes set on the V12 5.7l E-type soft top though :P

You can get an (admittedly older) XKR second hand for under £20k. Probably won't be the supercharged version' date=' but it's an absolutely awesome car.

Still got my eyes set on the V12 5.7l E-type soft top though :P[/quote']

Oh boy. I thought you were talking about the XJ200, but you're killing me with that XKR.

In which case, you can find a used C5 here in low 20's wich will probably the the same as 20k euros for you.

What is it that you find so attractive in the XKR's anyway?

But Jag is under Ford control now?

Yes, and so is Aston Martin(among others)

but fafalone's mustang is much more interesting

haha

What's so funny? Which mustang does he have?

By the way, the only form of Mustangs that I recognize are the Cobra and Saleen!(The LX and GT are pieces of trash IMO).