When your ideas fall in here ,be of great courage!

walkntune

In my experience here, when people claim their ideas are the results of "Einstein-like intuition", it means they don't have the math skills to help show them where they are mistaken.

You are right that a lot of intuitive people don't have the math skills to back up their intuition!

Not everyone can be scientists and not everyone can be a song writer!

As I have expressed people confuse intuition with emotionally led or feeling based!

Now I am also seeing it being confused with what I would call a reasoning mind which is coming to logical conclusions based on past evidence!

I find a true significance in our ability with intuition!

I have already stated how I see science as a great tool for understanding the world logically!

Now Einstein said intuition was the most important part of his thinking!

I am interested in his reasoning.

Obviously no one in here feels the same way about their thinking ! I am on the pursuit to find out why and an interesting subject to me as I am an intuitive thinker!

Edited by walkntune

when i said "follows a logical basis" I obviously was pointing to the fact that any intuition must start at a logical base.

Maybe, but we differ on what is considered "logical basis". Case in point:

Imagine dirt being the logical basis and a flower being intuition. You cant have a flower without dirt. Without a foundation intuition just doesn't happen.

You can definitely have flowers without dirt. It's called hydroponics.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
You are right that a lot of intuitive people don't have the math skills to back up their intuition!

Not everyone can be scientists and not everyone can be a song writer!

The difference is that song writing doesn't require rigorous methodology, and further, you rarely see bad song writers claim the songs that exist in the world are all wrong, crappy or should be done differently.

Science is about explaining reality, and if you don't have the tools to do that, you will likely fail in your explanation. It's one thing to claim you have intuition as for a new theory - but when people who *do* have the tools and methodology to measure the theory against reality explain where that theory is lacking, it's usually wise to be humble and modest, and check if, perhaps, the missing bit is on your part rather than the rest of the scientific community.

As I have expressed people confuse intuition with emotionally led or feeling based!

Intuition can lead you towards an answer, but not necessarily a RIGHT answer, and even if it does, the only way to differentiate between the right intuition and the wrong intuition are the proper methodologies of the scientific method.

There's no way to go around this.

Maybe, but we differ on what is considered "logical basis". Case in point:

You can definitely have flowers without dirt. It's called hydroponics.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Reason: cuz some1 will over analyze and egotrip

case and point "hydroponics" honestly could someone actually not know that plants can live in an area with out dirt?

obviously you did not get the metaphore

Edited by Zolar V
thought so = purple

ok, lets all just start fresh.

here i am going to show you through the biology of the human brain that you cannot just think of something without any sort of base or foundation to that thought.

in the brain all thought is composed of neurons that fire in a specific pattern to create your thought. EG the word flower, it is simply a bunch of neurons fireing to produce the picture of a flower along with any sort of information you have stored that has been associated with it.

now if you were to come up with some new thought without any base then what you get is a bunch of neurons fireing randomly that you cannot dissern any sort of pattern or anything from it. aka you cant think it, literally. so therefore every thought has to have some preformed base, from somewhere.

aka. that preformed basis is my "logical basis"

EG. when you were 2 you learned that red is red. so when your 40 you discover that through "hydroponics" you can sustain plant growth by giving it its basic nutrients and water through any sort of medium you decide. you soon find out that the reason why you thought of this had something to do with the red being red.

when you learn something new you are really just building on to what you already know.

yes, here is where you insert "welll then how did mankind discover language and then teach it?"

My answer "they learned it, were steering away form creationism atm, from their observations of animals and how they could commmunicate"

phi,

quoting 2 seperate quotes and taking them out of context is asinine.

Intuition can lead you towards an answer, but not necessarily a RIGHT answer, and even if it does, the only way to differentiate between the right intuition and the wrong intuition are the proper methodologies of the scientific method.

There's no way to go around this.

My point is that although I agree intuition needs to be backed up by logical reasoning, Those who rely on logic only may find themselves not being able to stay a step ahead in the game as the availability to process knowledge becomes faster and faster!

Sometimes intuition can give people an added advantage to those who rely solely on logic in coming to conclusions! Computers can give logical data but can not be intuitive!

All of the time we used to spend learning in books and such is just a push button on a keyboard now!

I think intuitive thinking will become stronger in our thinking as we rely more and more on computers and will be what keeps us ahead of the game!

I don't understand what intuition is completely but it comes across as a feeling instead of a thought!It doesn't even seem to be tied in to thoughts!

A mother senses her daughter is in danger! etc...

Our thinking kicks in as we try and rationalize what that gut instinct is!

It almost seems like away we could have communicated before language and expression of thought!

I really don't know exactly what it is but I know it exists for a purpose as I keep learning about it.

Intuition does work. Not as proof but as a guide to the next supporting concept.

I use it to find what theory I should try next. And so far, both times I've tried it it worked for me. Once I have a concept to work on, I use reason to put together the rest. (Or try to at any rate)

Intuition can be a powerful tool, I've used it for things other than science.

I don't want to sound too 'out there' but I use it in a psychic style. And it has worked. (This much I have proof for myself at least)