Are Blondes Truly Dumb?

bloodhound

yes bloodhound, as the blonde gene is recessive it is slowly dying out... but then similarly every recessive gene is slowly dying out.

Recessive genes don't 'die out' any more readily than dominant genes. They are recessive in phenotypic expression, not in inheritance.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But what kind of dumb are you talking about?

Jessica seems to take things literally.

Is it that she is not bright or really that she is genuinely disinterested,

because she doesn’t need to be a rocket scientist to get by.

Is she even really blond?

What part of the earth did blond originate from and why…

Are the Vikings to blame.

Do blonds have more fun?

I’m fascinated by this as you can tell. :)

Reverse:

But what kind of dumb are you talking about?

I'm talking dumb in a very general way. She's incredibly beautiful in my opinion, but she has that vacant look on her face all the time. Plus, she has a very expressive face and extraverted personality, which makes it all the more obvious that she's lost. She has no place to hide. But she has amazing boobs.

What part of the earth did blond originate from and why…

Are the Vikings to blame.

I've heard a theory that blondes got their color because their ancestors hunted in the snow. Those with lighter hair weren't seen as easily by prey and were thus advantaged. But I don't know how true it is. Could be BS.

Do blonds have more fun?

I don't, but I'm a guy. I suspect that the girls do, however. Could have to do with the fact that they get more attention from men. Plus society expects blondes to have more fun, so that perhaps enters their subconsciousnesses.

Coral Rhedd:

Now that I am older, I wish I had understood that men thinking you are dumb is not always a disadvantage.

Correct, but if it makes you more attractive, then it is almost always an advantage. Then you are more able to take your man of choice because you are more valuable as a blonde. It's all economics.

I don't understand why other men prefer blonde hair, I find it bland. Anyway, back on topic:

I agree that this myth origonates from the fact that stupid people have a tendancy to dye their hair blond(e). They seem to feel that is more attractive. Pesonally I feel dark hair is much nicer...

Reverse:

I'm talking dumb in a very general way..

See now ,

I remember when Jessica told Nick that ,"this chicken tastes like Fish”

And that was because the Tuna can had the slogan “chicken of the sea” on the label

Now …for starters that chicken /fish comparison is an abstraction.

To get it, you must be interested in a wider group subjects that "songs" and "grooming".

Which I don’t think she is.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SS-Bowen

Eh, alots changed in 70 years i suppose. back then Blondes were considered perfect, nowadays they are considered dumb.

The entire dumb blonde jokes were probably created (and i say this without trying to be racist) to lower the blondes status point to that of other races whome the blondes were supposedly suppierior to.

Its probably all more so psychological then it is genetic though. Blondes probably think they are dumb because they have been demoralized to that point, not through a gene. Still though there are some quite intelectual people out there with the traits.

• 2 weeks later...

I had thought the whole blondes being dumb thing was part of "All men are created equal". Blondes = beautiful, so they must be bad in other ways, so they are smart. Smart=ugly, beautiful=dumb.

So all of you blondes who have been praising your own intelligence had better not look in a mirror any time soon ;) (j/k)

But the whole concept of blondes being ravishing beauties is a relatively new thing, a century or so ago, it was brunettes and "dark-haired beauties" who were considered to be sinful and tempestuous (because of gypsies in part) whereas blondes were more like matrons and housewives. A mild shift in societal thought methinks.

• 3 weeks later...

It's just a hypothesis without any evidence, according to science. Anyway, I observe that such amusing topics actually attract many replies, though this is a science forum. :D Perhaps I should write such topics too!

• 1 year later...

Depending on social context, blondes could possibly encounter social discrimination. Perhaps because they are seen as sex idols from earlier generations. Or perhaps they are seen as dumb. Or perhaps as a form of earlier social discrimination. Thus, this can create a society where dumb, blonde women occur.

From my perspective, I've met some intelligent blonde women. However, they were always high and mighty of themselves, and they were too social. I don't typically find this with other women.

So, is acting high and might dumb when you're intelligent? Sure is. It's a good way to get stabbed, too.

But to say the least, don't commit the fallacy of hasty generalization.

Blondes are not dumb I am a blonde and i am very smart sure we can be dumb in some things but it is not nice to call us all dumb! Take from some one who knows!:P
For the record, i plead that anyone reading seriously into this thread does not use blondy's example of fine grammatical prowess to represent us as a whole :rolleyes:

well i have to say that spelling doesnt have anything to do with intelligence especialy if you are like me and cant spell at all and it is only worsened by the fact that typing i dont pay attention sometimes and i will constantly miss spell things and that doesnt mean that you cant to use spell check ... it is a great invention but as for the blonde thing i do belive that culture has alot to do with the way blonde women act as far as intelligence goes and i personaly being a farily intelligent blond think that being blond doesnt make you stupid BEING STUPID MAKES YOU STUPID!!! also most of the smartest people in my school are blonde and they are straight A 4.0 gpa geniuses.... now im not saying that everyone with a 4.0 gpa is smart because there are a few exeptions to that rule... well i have said my peace and im moving on

Admit it, we've all heard one of those terrible blonde jokes.

Yes, for some reason they seem to greatly resemble jokes about the Polish

But are they really that dumb?

No

I am sure these didnt start from nothing.

I know a lot of dumb girls bleach their hair blonde. Paris Hilton is a prime example. She's dumb, but naturally a "dirty blonde" (light haired brunette) much like myself.

There is always truth in rumours.

Is there? Well I heard a rumor about yo momma getting busted for prostitution. And since there's always truth in rumors it must be true: yo momma is a whore.

Oh wait, maybe rumors are often baseless