Will having sex when you have the flu make it harder to recoop?

bbrubaker

I know common knowledge is that there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with sex day in and day out but I still tend to feel like my flu symptoms get much worse after a seven or eight rounds of God-Like, Triathlon Sex.

:P

But seriously, I really can't think of a reason for feeling crummier after sex than the somewhat lame reasoning that my testes are busy making more sperm and somehow this takes energy away from the processes that are trying to make me well again.

Also, I'm guessing there may be some bacteria exchanged that my body is fighting off.(?)

Or maybe it's just the afterglow...or whatever the opposite of afterglow is.

A sudden drop in Dopamine or something along those lines?

So:

Sex seems to make recovery from the flu last longer.

Anyone care to punch holes in this 'theory' for me?

Or provide a good link?

All I'm getting are profane articles from Cosmopolitan.

Thanks.

Edited by bbrubaker

well, achieving orgasm is supposed to bolster the immune system, so thats one possible hole.

but then again, lots of rest is advised and having sex isn't resting.

but at least having an orgasm is a good way of relieving a blocked nose enough for you to get to sleep easier. not sure how that works or when i discovered it, but it does.

Ah, Thee Holy Trinity of Sexual Olympics...well, brother, if you don't know then it just wouldn't make sense

if I told you. Oh okay it's diving, riding & shooting. (not as wild as you imagined eh?)

Anyway what about my testes hypothesis?

Does that hold water?

There's no link between exercise, even high-exertion exercise, and lenth of recovery from viral infection (colds, flu, etc.) (Hunt Google for "exercise and immune response")

Your testes are busy producing lil swimmers all the time, to replenish stores that have died from age as well as stores used up during ejaculation.

Too Much Exercise May Decrease Immunity

... there is also evidence that too much intense exercise can reduce immunity. This research is showing that more than 90 minutes of high-intensity endurance exercise can make athletes susceptible to illness for up to 72 hours after the exercise session. This is important information for those who compete in longer events such as marathons or triathlons....

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/injuryprevention/a/Ex_Immunity.htm

Thats a small part of the article so I hope I can post it here.

It was one of the first that came up after googling ' exercise and immune response '.

:D

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/injuryprevention/a/Ex_Immunity.htm

Thats a small part of the article so I hope I can post it here.

It was one of the first that came up after googling ' exercise and immune response '.

:D

That's new data to me. Though it appears that the sort of intense exercise they're referring to greatly exceeds most people's sexual endurance.

Your testes are busy producing lil swimmers all the time, to replenish stores that have died from age as well as stores used up during ejaculation.

Not to harp on this subject but sperm production slows down when the testes are full, right?

Which should take a few days?

:confused:

For some reason this is not covered in the wikipedia article.

Though I just learned that:

" The etymology of the word is based on Roman law. The Latin word "testis", witness, was used in the firmly established legal principle "Testis unus, testis nullus" (one witness [equals] no witness), meaning that testimony by any one person in court was to be disregarded unless corroborated by the testimony of at least another. This led to the common practice of producing two witnesses, bribed to testify the same way in cases of lawsuits with ulterior motives. Since such "witnesses" always came in pairs, the meaning was accordingly extended, often in the diminutive (testiculus, testiculi). After a while, it was reduced to a companion to the penis[citation needed].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testicle

Not to harp on this subject but sperm production slows down when the testes are full, right?
Sperm isn't stored in the testes. There's a seminal vessel for that, and the resupply is constant so the little gametes will be able to swim their 7 inch swim at full power.

Which should take a few days?

:confused:

For some reason this is not covered in the wikipedia article.

Though I just learned that:

" The etymology of the word is based on Roman law. The Latin word "testis", witness, was used in the firmly established legal principle "Testis unus, testis nullus" (one witness [equals] no witness), meaning that testimony by any one person in court was to be disregarded unless corroborated by the testimony of at least another. This led to the common practice of producing two witnesses, bribed to testify the same way in cases of lawsuits with ulterior motives. Since such "witnesses" always came in pairs, the meaning was accordingly extended, often in the diminutive (testiculus, testiculi). After a while, it was reduced to a companion to the penis[citation needed].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testicle

Huh. I had no idea. Cool :)