Life span extension

Shou

I am currently in my 3rd year of high school and I was wondering what to major for university if I was aiming to "cure aging", like what Aubrey de Grey is doing. I thought a few times about Gerontology, but since I had the impression that Gerontology branches mostly focuses on how to make old people feel comfortable psychologically, instead of the actually biological aspects of Gerontology. The Gerontology course includes bio gerontology but I was wondering if it would be better if I went into general biology instead of just Gerontology.

I am currently in my 3rd year of high school and I was wondering what to major for university if I was aiming to "cure aging"

I am relatively confident that the single best way to "cure aging" is to die. :D

Sorry... couldn't resist.

The first things that comes to my mind is genetic engineering, nutrition, and exercise-related fields. Other readers here may have alternate ideas, or more information about those I've just proposed. Good luck in school, regardless of what you choose. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am currently in my 3rd year of high school and I was wondering what to major for university if I was aiming to "cure aging", like what Aubrey de Grey is doing. I thought a few times about Gerontology, but since I had the impression that Gerontology branches mostly focuses on how to make old people feel comfortable psychologically, instead of the actually biological aspects of Gerontology. The Gerontology course includes bio gerontology but I was wondering if it would be better if I went into general biology instead of just Gerontology.

In my opinion stem cell research is field most likely to provide the knowledge you are looking for. ...Dr.Syntax