Quantum Entanglement

no' date=' your english is fine, i havent looked at that diagram properly since a while back, after having been through this thread, and that, and studying the pic for about 5-10mins, now i understand. thanks everyone :)

so quantum teleportation, uses quantum entaglement, although they are not the same thing,

so is there a real life practical purpose or use for quantum entaglement? EXCEPT for when you use it to quantum teleport something?[/quote']

Might be. and that would then be to transport 1 and 0 in a computer instantly.. altough i see that as far into the future.. but might be possible soon if all just goes alogn easily altough easy isn't usualy what normaly happens so hehe..

An yes QM teleport needs QM entagnle or else is fals... Or atleast what we know of today!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be. and that would then be to transport 1 and 0 in a computer instantly.. altough i see that as far into the future.. but might be possible soon if all just goes alogn easily altough easy isn't usualy what normaly happens so hehe.

yes, quantum teleportation, could be used in quantum computing, but what i meant was, is there a practical use for quantum entaglement, other than it being used to quantum teleport something.

in other words, is their any use or any point of entagling atoms? unless you wanted to teleport something.

yes' date=' quantum teleportation, could be used in quantum computing, but what i meant was, is there a practical use for quantum entaglement, other than it being used to quantum teleport something.

in other words, is their any use or any point of entagling atoms? unless you wanted to teleport something.[/quote']

Don't come to think of any...

Some posts were moved due to the fact that they were the same two points posted over and over.

A long post from you was not among them.

I must of submitted it at the same time you were working on the thread, cos I got a "you do not have permission to access this page" when I submitted it.

I'll summarize it for the moment:

1) quantum teleportation still has all the problems of 'classical teleportation', it only gets aroun the 'no clones theorum' of quantum mechanics

2) quantum teleporation cannot be used to end information, in order to acheive teleportation information must be sent from one location to another using a classical communications channel (for example a laser, a telephone or even a carrier pigeon). This also means teleporation is not instanateous.

Aeshylos; Hmm i'm not going to question your knowledge.. but as i have read entaglement bonds is instant in it's "comunication/deliver" respons.. but since i haven't been even near any of these test i can't say certain.. but this was still the whole thing around the EPR paradox.. the instant comunication of the information.

quantum teleporation cannot be used to end information, in order to acheive teleportation information must be sent from one location to another using a classical communications channel (for example a laser, a telephone or even a carrier pigeon). This also means teleporation is not instanateous.

but the whole point of quantum teleportation is that it can be used over distances, and the "link" or communication channel is the bond between the entagled atoms or particles. data is sent over that link, whilsts this link is not 'seeable' to the human eye, it is there, it is the point of quantum entaglement [the method used in quantum teleportation].

edit: and it is certainly certainly instantenious

but the whole point of quantum teleportation is that it can be used over distances' date=' and the "link" or communication channel is the bond between the entagled atoms or particles. data is sent over that link, whilsts this link is not 'seeable' to the human eye, it is there, it is the point of quantum entaglement [the method used in quantum teleportation'].

edit: and it is certainly certainly instantenious

No, it's not. Teleportation requires a classical channel, i.e. limited by c.

Fromn one of many articles on a recent experiment(emphasis mine): "The first step was to "entangle" two of the atoms. Their quantum properties were then precisely measured (doing so destroys the original quantum state) and those properties were then replicated by laser in the third atom, located eight microns (about a thousandth of an inch) away."

This snippet makes the two points I've been hammering on for some time now: The measurement destroys the entanglement, and the information transfer is limited by c.

i know that the measurement destroys the entaglement, ive said that;

but i did not know that the information is transfered at a max speed of c, you have not said that yet. i did not know that it was done by a laser, either.

does that then limit the distances involved?????

[i.e. there must be a laser involved, therefore, it must be done in a staright line? i think, is there a limit to the distances involved?

i know that the measurement destroys the entaglement' date=' ive said that;

but i did not know that the information is transfered at a max speed of c, you have not said that yet. i did not know that it was done by a laser, either.

does that then limit the distances involved?????

[i.e. there must be a laser involved, therefore, it must be done in a staright line? i think, is there a limit to the distances involved?[/quote']

It doesn't have to be done by laser, this is only the way it is done in experiment, there's nothing that stops you in theory from sending the results of your experiment by post to the location of the other entangled particle (of course this may present some practical diffculties).

I cannot impress upon you enough quantum physics does not allow us to transfer information faster than c, if this were the case quantum field theory would be in big trouble.

i did not know that the information is transfered at a max speed of c' date=' you have not said that yet. i did not know that it was done by a laser, either.

[/quote']

It was in the thread about faster-than-light communication (called, cryptically, "faster than light communication")

Quantum entanglement/teleportation has entangled and teleported itself into three or four threads.

It was in the thread about faster-than-light communication (called' date=' cryptically, "faster than light communication")

Quantum entanglement/teleportation has entangled and teleported itself into three or four threads.[/quote']

This means that thw hole EPR paradow is just "bullshit" then right? Just want to clear that out so i never have to hear about that experiment again then! :)

It doesn't have to be done by laser, this is only the way it is done in experiment,

no, but presumably, this is the quickest way of doing so, so is it also the most common, and probably, when this science advances some more, the most common, or practical way of doing so, due to its speed?

also, does this impose a distance limit of how far away you can teleport things?

[ie. the laser would have to be able to reach that spot, so a straight line, unless there are mirros / satelites.]

also could there be data loss at long distances?

This means that thw hole EPR paradow is just "bullshit" then right? Just want to clear that out so i never have to hear about that experiment again then! :)

No, it's just important that you recognize that EPR doesn't necessarily mean FTL communication.

no' date=' but presumably, this is the quickest way of doing so, so is it also the most common, and probably, when this science advances some more, the most common, or practical way of doing so, due to its speed?

also, does this impose a distance limit of how far away you can teleport things?

[ie. the laser would have to be able to reach that spot, so a straight line, unless there are mirros / satelites.']

also could there be data loss at long distances?

I imagine it is the quickest way.

Looking at my textbook I can see no reasaon why that QT would have a distance limit, though i imgaine that it could cause problems.

No, it's just important that you recognize that EPR doesn't necessarily mean FTL communication.

That's what the whole paradox was about!! So i'm not att with you here mate! :confused: EDIT: Well okay then.. i might be mixing things with my memory when comming to think of it! The purpose of the EPR paradox was to spoil Heisenbergs uncertanti principle right? :rolleyes: If so then im out bicycling... but i do recal some experiment requering FTL transmission and Einsten was involved with it.. (damn memmory) :mad:

That's what the whole paradox was about!! So i'm not att with you here mate! :confused: EDIT: Well okay then.. i might be mixing things with my memory when comming to think of it! The purpose of the EPR paradox was to spoil Heisenbergs uncertanti principle right? :rolleyes: If so then im out bicycling... but i do recal some experiment requering FTL transmission and Einsten was involved with it.. (damn memmory) :mad:

EPR apparently demonstrates FTL communication the orthodox view is that it does not actually demostarte this at all.

EPR apparently demonstrates FTL communication the orthodox view is that it does not actually[/i'] demostarte this at all.

Well, einsteins huge probem anyways was indeed the FTL comunication! Since he stod for a deterministic universe and that this "paradox" clearly violated his SR. Seemed to him indicate a major flaw in QM... That's alteast what i have comed to think (understood) of the paradox...

Well, einsteins huge probem anyways was indeed the FTL comunication! Since he stod for a deterministic universe and that this "paradox" clearly violated his SR. Seemed to him indicate a major flaw in QM... That's alteast what i have comed to think (understood) of the paradox...

You have to understand that there is no reason to think of it as FTL communicatio, these days it's just seen as denmonstrating the fact that the collapse of he wavefunction is a nonlocal event.

You have to understand that there is no reason to think of it as FTL communicatio, these days it's just seen as denmonstrating the fact that the collapse of he wavefunction is a nonlocal event.

Okay so they just made a nice little bypass operation to cope with it.. funny...

Okay so they just made a nice little bypass operation to cope with it.. funny...

No, we can';t actually use quantum entanglement for FTL communication which is a stromng indictaioon it is not FTL communication. We should prefer the explanation that does not involve FTL communictsaion as other versions are non-relativstivc.

Infact this is not a fudge factor in any way as it's simply what the orthodox interpretation was saying all along.

No' date=' we can';t actually use quantum entanglement for FTL communication which is a stromng indictaioon it is not FTL communication. We should prefer the explanation that does not involve FTL communictsaion as other versions are non-relativstivc.

Infact this is not a fudge factor in any way as it's simply what the orthodox interpretation was saying all along.[/quote']

Of course, you're right! The none FTL describtions are the ones to prefer.. altough i find the FTL versions much more intruiging! And when coming to think of it a read an article fo teleporting atom states which clearly defined that no FTL speeds where ocuring. So the same thing happend in the newly perform experiment then! So this means that this teleportation thing is of no real use anyways then..

I must read the paradox again.. (since it's not that fresh in my memory) Since im so into that it needs FTL comunication.

Would you like to outline the other explenations in more detail?

It doesn't have to be done by laser, this is only the way it is done in experiment, there's nothing that stops you in theory from sending the results of your experiment by post to the location of the other entangled particle

obviously post is a bit unrealistic, but looking into the future.

thinking of using quantum teleportation/entaglement in quantum computing, how could you transport the data?

my thought, as you have said, lasers are used in experiments, so i say, in theory could you use some kind of radio waves, and thus send the info throug satelites, and consequently around the world?