What is it?

Abchirk

What would you call an Oligomer comprised of six Arsole units?

-sorry-

A six unit Oligomer comprised of Thiophene..............

Hexthiophene? ....... not to be confused with 3-Hexylthiophene.

hmmmmm Organic Semiconductor materials very interesting.......

Edited by buttacup

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I was actually thinking somewhere along the lines of arsepan(e). :D

Maybe the alternative nomenclature- sexthiophene. Found it somewhere in an article in regards to its usage in transistors, though there wasn't enough detail to discern whether it may have been synonymous to some of Butta's listed compounds. I recommend looking for compounds with the prefix "sex" in them- they're quite appealing :D. Though "hex" is usually prevalent in IUPAC nomenclature.

Edited by Theophrastus

• 2 months later...

I am used in chlorine and sodium hydroxide manufacture, fungicides ect. I am toxic and teratogenic, although an emperor from ancient China took intravenous amounts of me as he thought I was the elixer of life because of my beauty. What am I?

with an empirical formula of [ce]C2H[/ce], this molecule is highly reactive. It has been identified in the atmosphere of titan and in some interstellar clouds. it is closely related to the monomer for rubber making.

Diacetylene. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diacetylene

Next!

With 82.33% nitrogen by weight, I narrowly beats out ammonia itself (82.24%) for nitrogen content. I carry at least some aromaticity in my heterocyclic ring, and I'm known to have an unstable personality when dry. What am I?

With 82.33% nitrogen by weight, I narrowly beats out ammonia itself (82.24%) for nitrogen content. I carry at least some aromaticity in my heterocyclic ring, and I'm known to have an unstable personality when dry. What am I?

5-aminotetrazole, [ce]CH3N5[/ce]?

Seems to fit the description quite well... not sure how stable it is.

Ok, I cheated a bit... I reverse engineered the solution using the percentage to find out how many C and H there were (using the assumption that C and H were the only other elements). I had never heard of the component until 2 minutes ago.

Next one:

I'm the glue of life, a heavily branched polymer, but not a sugar polymer. Without me, trees would fall.

Edited by CaptainPanic

5-aminotetrazole, [ce]CH3N5[/ce]?

Seems to fit the description quite well... not sure how stable it is.

Ok, I cheated a bit... I reverse engineered the solution using the percentage to find out how many C and H there were (using the assumption that C and H were the only other elements). I had never heard of the component until 2 minutes ago.

Next one:

I'm the glue of life, a heavily branched polymer, but not a sugar polymer. Without me, trees would fall.

Damnit, yep.