DVD Players etc

tomgwyther

Hello all.

I am going to be working on Nevada in six weeks (I Currently work in the UK)

I just have a quick and slightly dumb question for any Americans out there.

What is/are the video conections on a standard American DVD player?

e.g. European DVD players usually have a SCART connector (An all round A/V 1/0 analogue interface)

and a analogue video-out which is either a Phono connection or a PAL connection.

Do you guys over the other side of the pond use Phono and/or BNC connections?

Thanks

p.s I've Wiki links some of the terms used in this post so as you know what i'm on about.

Tom, aside from connections which are similar, there are other problems.

The US uses the NTSC system where the UK uses PAL. NTSC format DVDs will not play on a PAL player.

Also, America is region 1 where the UK is region 2.

If you are intending to buy a DVD player I would suggest finding one that has NTSC/PAL playback.

Thanks guys, I'll be using the phono (RCA) connectors when I get there (I'm limited as to what equipment I can carry with me on the plane.)

The reason I sked was because the venue I'm working at was fitted some time ago with BNC (Crimp-on) wall sockets. The whole system is a bit rusty and it's up to me to make it all work.

p.s all the players are multi regional and the DVDs are USA region anyway. the broadcast system is all in NTSC too, the same as the player so no problems there.

I also have a contingency plan to convert between PAL (phase alternating line) and NTSC (Never the same color!!!)

I can hack the DVDs and the DVD players if there are any other region issues.

Working in the U.S should be alot of fun.

Edited by tomgwyther