Cheaper Petrol for all!

infinitesolid

so how is this going to extend the producing time of oil wells eh? it's no where near as good as current designs.

a pump of certain size can only suck so deep.

my design can go deeper and use a lot less energy, helping the enviroment too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at the moment, using a pump uses A LOT OF ENERGY to suck it up untill theres NO PROFIT from it(requires more energy to suck it up than the oil you get)

MY DESIGN uses little energy to run all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basicly mate, you don't know what your talking about in this case.

Please post no more.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we explained to you how your method will use more energy than current methods. you didn't listen. we are not going to repeat it so just go back a few pages and read it again.

i actually have a degree in chemical engineering which is VERY relavant to this subject and i've had two classes on pumping methods. chain pumps suck ass and should never be used unless it is the ONLY remaining option.

A centrifugal pump to PUMP WATER DOWN and push water up is much more efficient and energy conserving than a chain pump.

You make the claim that it uses less energy.

can you show some energy equations for this please?

The driving motor will probably be the same so then the only difference be the efficiency of the pump compared to the buckets, now the buckets have significantly more moving parts, that is BAD!

Also if something goes wrong at the bottom you are pretty stuck as you'd have to drill again, what is the speed at which you can operate this? It just wont be as good as current methods for pumping oil. If it was it would be being used, oil companies are not one for missing a trick to make more profit!

cars have precicely bugger all to do with pump engines. completely different scenario. they also have crap torque relatively as they are limited by the friction coefficient of the tires.

you're just repeating the same old crap again.

and no, i'm not going to upload my course work.

show me evidance!!! show me your cource work!!

YOU show US the evidence — physics and engineering equations and solutions. The burden of proof is upon you. I don't think I've seen any calculations from you, and no adequate explanation for how this is different from the several examples of chain pump already given.

The idea that it will lift oil rather than water is independent of the concept and design.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
if you can't imagine the difference, why have you a degree?

Again, burden of proof. You need to explain the difference.

And stop with the personal remarks

A lift in a tower block uses cables.

Would it use less energy to suck the lift up? NO!!

Quite possibly, as there would be no friction on the cables.... It'd be annoying to have to create an air tight lift shaft though...

This of course is NOT what we are talking about though.

Post some evidence and don't strawman!

Please!

Quite possibly, as there would be no friction on the cables.... It'd be annoying to have to create an air tight lift shaft though...

This of course is NOT what we are talking about though.

Post some evidence and don't strawman!

Please!

Strawman? im not going to be ripped off by oil companys taking MY DESIGN without ME seeing money!!

A pump uses a silly amount of energy to use. Were killing off the enviroment by using so much petrol/diesel to operate the pump.

Strawman? im not going to be ripped off by oil companys taking MY DESIGN without ME seeing money!!

A pump uses a silly amount of energy to use. Were killing off the enviroment by using so much petrol/diesel to operate the pump.

I thought you had written to them?

You keep making the same claim, you need to show how your device uses less energy.

How I see it.

In the simple case lifting the same mass by the same height will require the same energy.

Add in friction, your device has higher friction, therefore requires more energy.

they already looked at chain pumps, decided they were utter crap and dropped them entirely.

seriously, its not some fantastic never thought of before idea. its just crap.

I don't belive so!!!!!!

Years ago, the public was told it was hard to suck up.

Then about 10 years back , oil was hard to find.

Why are they investing in bio-fuel when theres loads oil oil left under the sea?

petrol driven petrol lifter is a new idea, else there would of been a documentry on it!!

insted of arguing with me, you could of uploaded a picture of you cource work, your telling lies.

Shockingly there isn't a documentary on everything, and I strongly suspect you've not watched every documentary ever made.

Bio-fuels are liked by some people because they are seen to be better for the environment as their carbon has come out of the atmosphere far more recently than that in fossil fuels.

Bucket pumps are in no way new.

they realised this pump was shit over 1000 years ago and used better ones like the archimedes screw. seriously. there are so few use cases for it.

andi don't have to prove anything to you. you have to provide evidence to us.

Archimedes srew? is better than a pump. but not a lifter.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
you sir, are a moron.

less remarks please.

Edited by infinitesolid2
Consecutive posts merged.

I AM THE INVENTOR OF THE PETROL/DIESEL DRIVEN OIL LIFTER.

there is no other evidance!!

Well if you want to be taken seriously you have to prove the device is worthwhile.

If you want a patent you have to prove it is a new idea.

Currently both of these points are looking very seriously doubtful, and it appears that this is a case of reinventing the wheel...