How long you plan to keep that archaic logo that's been here since I frigging signed up.

I'll even make you one....I'll evne make it the same dull boring scientistish way of looking if that what you like, but just more...or better.

COME ON

to survive you have to evolve, The other science forums are laughing at us and stealing our lunch money!

How long will you allow the abuse to continue.

How long you plan to keep that archaic logo that's been here since I frigging signed up.

I'll even make you one....I'll evne make it the same dull boring scientistish way of looking if that what you like, but just more...or better.

COME ON

to survive you have to evolve, The other science forums are laughing at us and stealing our lunch money!

How long will you allow the abuse to continue.

We've had other logos.

Tell you what. The PSD of the original logo is attached to this post. If anyone wants to make a stab at a new, shinier logo, go for it, and we'll choose a winning logo once a few entries are in.

Please note, however, that when vBulletin 4 arrives in a while we may have to change the style of the logo to fit vB4's new style. You can see the style in this vB blog post. Be sure your entry will be able to adapt to the new look when it comes out.

Have fun, everyone!

sfn.psd

Tell you what. The PSD of the original logo is attached to this post. If anyone wants to make a stab at a new, shinier logo, go for it, and we'll choose a winning logo once a few entries are in.

Please note, however, that when vBulletin 4 arrives in a while we may have to change the style of the logo to fit vB4's new style. You can see the style in this vB blog post. Be sure your entry will be able to adapt to the new look when it comes out.

Have fun, everyone!

Is there more changes visually than the tabs?

damn...

totally didnt see that coming. I guess I'll give it a shot.

Just something like this.

sfngutz.jpg

with more detial of course.

Edited by GutZ

Let me be the first to say that I like the old logo because:

1. It's not the first thing I see on the site.

2. It contains both the name and a common symbol for "science": the orbitals.

3. It's in the same colors as the rest of the forum.

4. This forum (science forum) has a name that's easy to remember, and therefore doesn't need to direct anyone's attention towards a logo. People will remember us anyway.

In short: it takes an effort to even notice the logo. Which is great, because the website looks calm and scientific. It's inviting and will focus any member/ guest to the contents rather than to the *bling*. We already have avatars which are being noticed, and adding a logo that needs attention will make it hard to focus in the important bit: the actual posts.

My 2 cents: if we're changing the logo - add the ".net" somewhere, because that's the only part of the name that's difficult to remember.

... or less detail, of course. :P

Come on, you bitch about the logo, tell us you can do better, and then go halfway?! No GutZ, no glory!

I do like the image of the colliding lines, sort of like the LHC (except non-circular) and it also implies a collision of ideas, viewpoints, and cultures. Any way to make the impact look more productive, without making it the entire focus? Not bad, GutZ, but not there, too tentative. Give it your best shot if you want something that will impress.

I was like kidding man...

There was no way in my mind I was thinking I would be give a PSD of the site. layout...IS the shell theroem even relevant anymore?

You get use to being on the bottom and having all your requests denied. Of course you don't know how tha feels mister moderator. People bow down at your feet! (I dont know where I come up with this,)

But yeah my attempt was 5 mins of work only to illustrate an idea.

I am jsut trying to make this place more attractive to others, get more people here..

I don't care what the member already here like...they are pretty much addicted already.

REMEMBER THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!!!!

I want to bring that back...and stop making 1 line paragraph. I can only do so much.

Give me a shot if you don't like it, no force in using it....I do think it can look qute nice when it's done.

:D

( I am not even going to try with the puns...I need to wait for my opportunity)