PyroChemistry

Tian_07

5g is a considerable "pile" you MAY find that unless you made REAL BP that the top surface melted as the match aproached leaving the less dense material (charcoal) to float to the top, formin an almost protective layer, of course all this takes place in under a second, but non the less will affet the burn rate as the same phenomenon will propogate throughout the material.

5g is a considerable "pile" you MAY find that unless you made REAL BP that the top surface melted as the match aproached leaving the less dense material (charcoal) to float to the top, formin an almost protective layer, of course all this takes place in under a second, but non the less will affet the burn rate as the same phenomenon will propogate throughout the material.

Well the surface melts a little bit. So i chose the glowing tip of wood for ignition technique. It Ignites instantly with no melting.

LP Aspirin

it`s nothing more than a binding agent at all, you don`t even need to reduce the charcoal, even though it IS a reducing agent, you just don`t need enough of it for it to qualify in the reaction :)

less than a percent total is all you need.

the reason it works well is that between the grain there`s Air gaps, that allows the flame to propogate faster between the grains, hence a faster reaction.

eh???

it`s added to the basic mix while it`s green meal, then the drop of water and then the press.

as for the "gently" bit, that`s up to you, greenmeal`s not dangerous at that stage (unless you`re sitting on a barrel of it, then you`ll get badly burned! but no, just mix a quarter T`spoon of it to 400g of green meal as you would any other ingredient, dextrin isn`t dangerous, infact you can eat it! LOL :)

i would advise against any kind of crushing of BP. sometimes its shock or friction sensitive, if you're mixing a small enough quantity it will just poof, but more than say, a gram or 2, that will be a giant ball of smoke like you've never seen, and your hands wont feel too good.

what??? friction (intense and sparking, yeah sure). shock NO WAY!

are you thinking REAL BP or what some anarchists crap book considers BP??

the real thing is perfectly safe with the correct tools and you can smash the stuff all day long with a lump hammer and it won`t catch fire!

hey man, im just relaying the warning on the package. REAL FFFF BP pistol grade. i use it in my mini-cannon. its definately good stuff...i figure, in a powder state, BP is pressure sensitive. like matchheads. i put like, 2 boxes of matchheads in a tennis ball and then taped it, i threw it at a wall and it wouldnt blowup, so i ran it over with my crappy ass mini-van, BAM, almost took my tire out. it sounded like a huge pop and then thousands of bottle rockets shooting off...lol. i figure the grains of BP would rub against each other with such force under good pressure that they would ignite each other...plus, the package says dont do it...lol.

It's a commonly known trick, and it's featured in many, many crappy texts or pages.

"i figure the grains of BP would rub against each other with such force under good pressure that they would ignite each other..."

Well, it's used in pistols so it has to be like that, if we're talking about pistol grade BP.

Guest Biglipzit

I'm Gianni Deligny.I jus wanted 2 Kno if It could B pressure crushed to create a reaction so that the pressurising capsule could be able 2 contain the reulting heat from the reaction when its mixed with low half life substances.

boris, are you referring to the REAL anarchist cookbook? the one published in 1971? or are you referring to the online knockoffs? many things in the anarchist cookbook are retardedly moronic. in-fact, there was an experiment mentioned on a critique of the book, it was how to make a napalm suibstitute, they said all you had to do was replace the oxygen in it with arsenic, and then they displayed the chemical formula of arsenic as AR. well, considering arsenic is As, and that they give you no further information, i'd say most of the book is harmless. another example is, in the REAL book, they tell you where to place explosives to blow up a suspention bridge, it gives 6 spots. no type of explosive specified, no quantity, no further info...just 6 spots to place explosives, and its supposed to work for every suspention bridge. the person who wrote it was 19 years old and an avid vietnam protestor. a better book would be the chemistry of fireworks, or powders and explosives...they are a lot more informative than the anarchist cook book.

does it matter they are both fine to read but the chance of finding the original are next to non, and you can buy the anarchist cookbook at waterstones a very respected book store so like i said as long as you read it its fine but dont do any of the activities after all curiosity killed the cat and i have never read that napalm section that ones new to me and people read it just to see what all the polarver is just because you read it it doesnt mean you have to carry out the experiments does it i mean if you read a book on how to run a army or over throw a country it doesnt mean your going to do it unlike you who actually carried out one of them i mean the tennis ball that would be enough to blow your fingers clean of think about what you are doing with things like that