Theories on time and gravity

Are there any theories out there that relate 'time' (and maybe gravity as well) to the rate of the expansion of the universe?

Edited by gre

Read the theories of relativity by Einstein. He explains universe in the form of space-time and says there is no such force as gravity. Gravity is a product of space-time. You will understand better when you read the theories: General and special theory of relativity.

• 2 weeks later...
Are there any theories out there that relate 'time' (and maybe gravity as well) to the rate of the expansion of the universe?

Yes there is, as mentioned above, space-time is nicely related in general relativity. The expansion of the universe can also be included in that, but as the expansion rate is increasing it is clear we are missing some bit of physics...

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Yes. Soundly criticized on this forum - perhaps too rashly?

http://www.timephysics.com/

If it was too rashly you would have been able to defend is suitably well.

If you are soliciting alternative explanations this should be asked in the Speculations forum. Otherwise, the responses should reflect mainstream physics

If you are soliciting alternative explanations this should be asked in the Speculations forum. Otherwise, the responses should reflect mainstream physics

Rubbish! Where else would someone post this simple question? Maybe the theory my link leads to can be discussed in speculations and pseudo-science, but this is a perfectly valid place to ask the question. I don't appreciate the warning I recieved either. My answer was strictly ON TOPIC!!!

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Yes there is, as mentioned above, space-time is nicely related in general relativity. The expansion of the universe can also be included in that, but as the expansion rate is increasing it is clear we are missing some bit of physics...

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

If it was too rashly you would have been able to defend is suitably well.

Not me, Dr Khan...