Bird seen dancing to a track by Backstreet Boys

Martin

I heard about this on NPR last night while I was working out. It turns out that it's not a learned response, either. They subjected birds to newly synthesized (never heard before) music and it still danced and matched its patterns to the beat and rhythm. Pretty cool.

I wonder why whe like music?

Why would it be bennificial to the survival of our lives? Is it for pleasing predators to get out of things?

Music seems to stop the thinking process for me, at least when im experimenting on myself, i just seem to go into a quite "lights off state", im sure thats the dopamine{I wonder what releases dopamine when i listen to music and why}, and its not really something i like now that i think of what its affects are on me.

Though listening to music Ive not heard or doesnt have words helps me focus and concentrate while keeping me from drifting off in my studies, so its not of only brain-frying for me.

This are just my small amount of data ive recorded in my free bored time. It may have other affects on other people.

The birds' dancing to most of the music was merely so-so, but the cockatoo did very well dancing to 'Another One Bites The Dust'.

Clearly, this broad cross-species comparison proves that Queen is the best band EVAR!