Modern aspects of physics as simply as possible.

Ok tell me where I am wrong and let see how much CORRECT information I have obtained so fair.

4 forces carriers

Strong - Gluon

Weak - W+, W-z Z boson

EM - Photon

Gravity - Space? so far as we know

Particles

Electron

Proton

Neutron

Muon

Tau

Pion

Neutrino

Quarks

Up

Down

Charmed

Strange

top bottom

All with there respective anti partcles.

EM - Has electric and magnetic component corrosponding to a charge (postive or negative). The magnetic aspect comes from the moviement of charged objects or particles. Like the rotation of the earth core? something to that effect...

Strong - force that holds quarks and ganis strengh a you pull them apart.

weak - havent really looked this up...(I know I am so weak)

Gravity - Still in progress.

particle will behave like waves and particle at the same time. For example Photons will travel in qaunta-like packets in wave patterns, and henst will behave like a wave. At the same time you can interact with it by hitting one example with another photon and it will behave like a poiint particle. ...probably not the best explaination...basic idea?

oppose charges attract

like charges repel

neutral are...what they are.

superposition is basically like an electron being in all possible energy states at once till it is disturbed.

HUP - everyone know this

tunneling

entanglement

spins...I really dont know much at that...I am sure its a consequence of something.

For a laymen how did I do? and why does layman seem so close to "lame-man" :(

You list the guage bosons for 3 of the 4 fundamental forces, but for gravity you list something else, I think in context the graviton should probably go tehre.

Your partical duality paragraph I don't think really sums it up.

I'd write something about electrons and give two examples of them having a measurable discrete mass but interfering with themselves when passing through two slits just like a water wave does.

Superposition, not disturbed but observed.

HUP - Do they really? You can write both of the main two versions down in about 14 characters... Might be worth doing just to check ;)

Not bad at all, certainly showing promise ;)

That means I am learning! I have a hard time with the terms and definitions, I think in my head I got it right, but that's no use having two different expression for the same thing so...

For HUP

> the known position, the < you know about the speed (or is it acceleration?) and vise versa. Now what I never was sure on was is that due to the particle/wave duality (I like how you expressed it). Like if you were to try and find a particle that was like say...and electron....you'd hit it with another particle (probably a photon? I'd say electron but, they would repel) you give it energy and it jumps state so you can see it by the energy it shoots out (for a lack of better word), or deflect it (help me out here) you are observing it . but when you do this you are breaking the wave function no? there fore you can know it's true speed. right? close?

What would be difference between observed and disturbed because to see it it would have to have some sort of interaction no? Information is pasted on somehow no? Or is it in physics the trems are applied to different scenerio, that the distinction between the two become more apparent?

As for the gravitron it hasn't really been observed, and I want to keep it purely in the realm of the small.

My knowledge of relativity is a whole other thing. I still have issues with frames of reference..I'll get it though...the puzzle will be complete one day.

I also feel I am missing a particle (Leptonically wise. if thats a word)

Edited by GutZ

• 3 weeks later...

I bet!

I am having issues with concepts of EM Force. This part won't be a modern physics question but the one after will be. How exactly do the electric and the magnetic field work? If someone has the time to answer, could you use the earth as an example as well. It will help me visualize it. Like ummm...It's my understanding that a moving electric charge creates magnetic fields, so besides getting into the mechanism that create the electric field in the core, how does the motion bring about a mag field.

And with a electric field is it seen as specific matter or particle become -/+ charged with in it? and what is the consequence in being charged differently? Is that just purely on the propteries of the particle. Then are all particles the same in the sene that they are more or less who they are purely on state of being, or otherwords is the electron unique to the proton, or are they just energy in differnent form.

Edited by GutZ