How Long Could This War Last?

-Demosthenes-

If they pass a draft I want to see if Bush's daughter is going to be drafted. :D

I wasn't aware women were eligable for the draft.

And no I don't think the war could continue for 30 years. The first two have been to much of a national crisis. Nor do I think there will be a draft. I really can't see one ever again as the military is working to reduce need for humans to fight and moving control to the computers. If a war every got so great we needed to start a draft to increase the size of our already very large military, everyone in the world might be in danger.

And no I don't think the war could continue for 30 years. The first two have been to much of a national crisis. Nor do I think there will be a draft. I really can't see one ever again as the military is working to reduce need for humans to fight and moving control to the computers. If a war every got so great we needed to start a draft to increase the size of our already very large military' date=' everyone in the world might be in danger.[/quote']

I wasnt aware that women werent eligable for the draft?Anyone know?

And no I don't think the war could continue for 30 years. The first two have been to much of a national crisis. Nor do I think there will be a draft. I really can't see one ever again as the military is working to reduce need for humans to fight and moving control to the computers. If a war every got so great we needed to start a draft to increase the size of our already very large military' date=' everyone in the world might be in danger.[/quote']

Fah, the combined might would be about the same as the canteen staff in the Red army.

Well, they tried passing an act to institute the draft a few years ago, but it's been circling in the courts since (thankfully). Try going here: http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/g_three_sections_with_teasers/legislative_home.htm and put "H.R. 163" into the search bow, without quotes of course. It might not load, I'm having some trouble with it here.

It has in which women are made to draft, just as men. Good thing this thing got lost.

When it comes to most things everyone's thinking that women are just the same as men, then when we talk about the draft people don't think that women should be drafted. It's very confusing.

I personally don't think that women should be drafted.

Because we need lots of women left over, so that when all the men kill themselves in war, the women can run the governments and do a better job. :D

If there aren't any men left, well, there's that new cloning method involving two mothers and no Y-chromosone...

Yes, if you like. The world powers are set to shift in the next 20 years or so. Economists are likening the US to the Roman Empire at the moment, a major conflict would set the stage for a new player to enter. My money is on China.

Yes, if you like. The world powers are set to shift in the next 20 years or so. Economists are likening the US to the Roman Empire at the moment, a major conflict would set the stage for a new player to enter. My money is on China.

I agree theyre expanding very quickly, they have very many people that work very well for very little pay and have good leader.They already sent a ship in space and are planning to launch another one soon.

After the US loses power they will dominate.Hope that theyre going to do a better job at leading than the US. :)

They're communist... and so far communism hasn't worked very well.

Their people work in poverty' date=' you mean. Not good.[/quote']

Didnt they turn Democratic a few months back?what was that about?I know i heard something?

Why not?

There are many reasons. I personally believe that women are meant to be mothers, not fighters. If a women felt really strongly that she wanted to go to war, then fine, but I don't think that the US should draft them.

But what if you're a guy and you're shooting at the enemy and the guy next to you goes down, it sounds pretty tramatic, but what if it were a women? How would you react differently?

Women are just different. It sounds sexist, but anyone who thinks that we are all the same lives in there own little world. Science has found men to be more violent and willing to fight, and women more emotional and less willing to fight. Whether this be for biological reasons or becasue of how they were raised, this holds true with almost everyone.