The medicine we have now that change the world than in the old days?

nec209

look, if the drug companies didn't make a profit then they would not be able to invest that profit in discovering new drugs and making exising drugs and no drugs would be made at all.

are you arguing that this is better?

you likely have a few days worth of food in your house, why don't you send it out to people in africa or haiti? they need it.

probably because it's expensive right?

My friend, what is arguable about medicines advancements is that those advancements only benefits the ones who can pay it, even though we are dealing with mankinds health here. The deal is that if you are able to pay, than you`ll probably live better, but if you can`t, then simply put yourself in a hole and die without bothering the rest. Its about ethics and morality.

Medicine industry (business), should have a more solidarity with those who can`t afford it, since what we are dealing with : Human Life.

And about your last questions, I find them flammable, but imho, as I already had done, I reached for my pocket and sent to Haiti through my countries help a decent amount of "help" for those who are suffering in Haiti. What you decide to do about it, is your concern and I will not judge you for what you decide to do (it`s simply a matter of self conscience and belief) .

its always been that those with the most resources do better than those with fewer.

yes it is a nice ideal to be able to help everyone but you need to be reasonable about it. if you give too much help not only will you create dependants incapable of functioning without the help, you also risk dragging yourself down.

so, whats better, help getting to few or everyone being in the crap and nobody can help anyone else.

you seem to have a very idealistic view on this. reality is often very different.

for what it's worth, i agree with you that its a crap situation and efforts should be made to rectify it somewhat but you do have to be realistic about what can be done that will actually be of benefit, and what will make the situation worse.

Yes my friend, that "shot" hit the bulls eye (;)), I am a very idealistic person. And very true also, it is very dificult to satisfy my point of view about the issue, but since I don`t have the means to make a substantial change in the issue, at least with my statements I get a few to think about it, and make their own conclusions, which I think is the biggest reward we can all get in these kind of forums, by sharing our opinions. Besides, they are excellent means to learn issues that you thought you knew and that in reality you didn`t (for all that is).

:):-):)