Avoid Amazon.com like the plague

fafalone

Just had to share my horrendous experience so others may be forewarned:

To: feedback@amazon.com

When shopping from a merchant with as good a reputation as Amazon, I expected a certain level of service. When I ordered my cell phone, I mis-entered the address. So I can change it right? No. There was no way to change it. I e-mailed help, guess what they told me? To change it the same way the help file said to. Am I an idiot!? Would I send an e-mail explicitly saying that was not working if it was? I e-mailed them back, and was told I could send them the address and they would do it manually. Except support was too incompetent to even see the change I wanted made, I had to send them an e-mail showing the old one and new one side-by-side so they could see the missing line! Once they finally made the change, I became more optimistic. That is, until I logged in again to check the status. For some reason, 10 days had been added on to the shipping and delivery times. However, the product description still said usually ships within 24 hours. When I emailed support about this, they said they would look into it, but it would take a few business days. What's the point? I'm buying a $300 item for which I selected one day shipping on a 'within 24 hours' availability, and this is the level of service I get, 2-3weeks until it gets here?? This is appalling, and unless this is rectified I never plan to shop at Amazon again, and will certainly vocalize my experience so others are not subjected to this nightmare.

Your situation does sound unbarable but I have bought many, many, many things from Amazon.com and have had absolutely no problems or complaints. I would be pissed too if I spent $300+overnight shipping and get it in a couple weeks. I bought my computer's parts over the internet and it was a nightmare...but that was from cheap merchants. I too had messed up the shipping info and it does add many days to your order. It's very hard to change something like that...it's not enitirely Amazon's fault.

I haven't bought anything over $200 from Amazon though, but I've had around 25 orders and they all have been prompt and perfectly delivered.

I agree with grazzhoppa, I use amazon to buy stuff all the time, I love them! Online buying is risky, and I definately would not buy a $300 product online. Never never never pay more for shipping, it's the biggest scam, they all come the same time no matter what.