the cold

jamey2k9

i've noticed that i never seem to get cold while im sat down wearing nothing but a t-shirt and trousers no coat or anything everyones wearing big coats and complaining there cold and i'm warm any particular reason why some people fell the cold (a lot) worse than others

might i also add i feel the warmth worse than other people

Probably a function of both your core temperature (which may be slightly higher than normal) and your natural tendency to shed heat. If you naturally don't shed as much heat as other people, you'll not feel 'cold' as easily, since 'cold' is really just your body signaling that it's losing heat too fast. However, because you don't shed heat as fast as others, in warm temperatures you cannot get rid of excess heat as well, and your body overheats, resulting in the preception of warmth.

Yeah, i get this as well. takes temperatures below 0*C for me to consider it cold enough to get a jumper. even then, if i have a jacket i won't be wearing one.

holiday in lanzarote was hell for me. for a whole week the temperatures were over 50*C. i spent most of my time in the ocean where it was cooler. took ice packs to bed with me.

As you get older, basal metabolic rate decreases, so you burn less energy just sitting around than before. Since, as mammals, this represents most of our daily energy expenditure (burning energy to keep our bodies warm), this results in a noticable decrease in your daily calorie burning, and if you don't reduce input calories similarly, the result in weight gain.