How Much Does One Have To Convince

Tesseract

I asked a similar question in another thread.

Say that you want to convince someone, just by speech over the phone that you are dead.Obviously the person would thinkt hat you are not dead, due to the fact that you are calling.

Say that the person being phoned is an average person.What do you have to do to convince the person that you are dead.Or how much?

Is it possible to make anyone believe anything.

Just something I though about.Please move if in wrong forum. :)

Oh, and I'd say that if you called most people at some ungodly hour (for me, I'd say 3-4 am), when they've been in deep sleep for a while already.. and whisper the info to them over the phone.

I'm thinking if someone called me at that hour and whispered that they were dead, I'd probably buy it, at the moment.

Of course, when I'd wake up, I'd forget it happened at all, anyway

No, my question is: just talking to an average person, fully awake, in the middle of the day, is there a limit on how much you have to convince him that you are dead.How long does one have to say "I am dead" before its believable.Hmm, need better words. :)

No, my question is: just talking to an average person, fully awake, in the middle of the day, is there a limit on how much you have to convince him that you are dead.How long does one have to say "I am dead" before its believable.Hmm, need better words. :)

well, i've heard this expression from someone or somewhere(don't care which is it, really), but it might help.

If someone (person A) calls you a cow - You easily refute it

If someone (person B) calls your a cow again - You Ponder

If someone (person C) calls you a cow once again - You accept the predicament/inevitable as a fact and go eat some grass......

so while this doesn't directly answer your question, it is still in the same general criteria, or at least i think it is ;)

phone them up, tell them you are about to shoot yourself, then bang a heavy book against the table and throw a blancmange against the wall.

should work.

no is there a reason for this being in psychology or am I going to put it in general discussions?

you could convince anyone of anything... unless they trust no one, which is rare. as long as you keep acting like you are serious and thinking that you are serious, you should be able to do it in... a short while (yes, that is an objective word, but it still fits nicely :) ).