Einstiens Universe in 3 Trillion Years

Peron

I can assure you the fate of the Universe is still unclear, I very much doubt a static model is being anymore seriously considered, over a scenario such as the Big Rip (but I'm not sure of the current consensus on this...somebody correct me, if so), where the observable Universe becomes so small, that atoms get ripped apart...in the last few dying seconds.

It's still an open book, and links that are over two years old, and empty wiki links don't bolster this. From current observation, I doubt if equilibrium will be achieved...but that's just an educated guess.

There is a BIG difference between a static universe, and a universe that reaches an equilibrium expansion of 0.

I wasn't aware of that, I thought they both boiled down to the same thing. Can you expand on that a little please ?

I wasn't aware of that, I thought they both boiled down to the same thing. Can you expand on that a little please ?

Well, the second is what could happen, it's a valid possibility. The first rules out the big bang. The universe is static... Of course the term is a used by different people to mean both situations...