Oh Noes!

ydoaPs

I think that I first learned about the fire/earth/air/water in chemistry class. Either that or computer games :D Just kidding, it was in school. Didn't hurt me to know both explanations, but of course the four essences idea was taught for historical interest.

If you thought the attack on evolution was bad, look at this!

Oh... come on! This is getting ridiculous. Next thing you know, they'll be trying to teach the stork theory of childbirth. This saddens me deeply.

Where will it end?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I truly think we are right now living through another enlightenment. It is like a battle being fought. I know which side is better prepared for the win, as it's won every battle put to it thus far. Now, it's just a matter of persistence and increasing numbers to reach that "critical mass" and move out of the darkness.

Where will it end, indeed.

Has anyone had a look at their web site? (re-discovery.org)

I thought it was a joke at first, I still rather hope it is.

If you ever wanted to have your jaw drop at something, have a read of

http://www.re-discovery.org

Their opening statements says it all. If it were possible to put everything that's wrong in the world in to one piece of HTML code, this is it.

Happy (Dismayed) reading!!!!

The gag is obvious immediately in the Warning box. The humor's message is typical of cartoons like the one below. The OP's image is portraying how wacky it is to dismiss a field of science just because it's labeled a "theory".

2a9ekua.jpg

The second clue in the OP's image is the "Kansas: as dumb as you think" caption.

I can't imagine anyone took it seriously.