Applying to University.

Cheesebread

Hi guys, this is my first post on these boards.

Anyyways, here's my problem: It's about time to apply to University/College, and I just don't know what to do. I love both Chemistry and Biology, but when looking at University programs, there are just so many choices. So, I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on where to go from here?

One idea would be to visit the staff and students of each of those departments at the schools. You can do this either before applying, after being accepted, or even some combination of both (heck, you could even wait until your sophomore/junior year, time is not the issue here, the visit is). Walk around, look at the facilities, chat with the students, sit with the professors, basically... explore. If you do this, chances are good that (in your gut) you'll know which one feels more "right."

Good luck, and welcome to SFN. :)

"Double hard" isn't entirely true - in most programs, there's a large overlap in classes, especially in terms of the crap 'general education' stuff.

That a common thing to almost all of science, but each branch of it requires a different approach. Biology and Chemistry sure do differ from one another in crucial points, and biology-realted problmes need differnet aproach from chemistry-realted ones.

But yeah, you're, biochem would encompass what he seems to like doing:-)

But yeah, you're, biochem would encompass what he seems to like doing:-)

I dunno, biochemistry is nearly all organic chemistry, if they are a fan of inorganic chemistry there is little there, plus I wouldn't say biochemistry has a great deal of detail on many areas of biology such as evolution or the overall working of most organisms, it takes it to a far smaller more detailed scale.