John Titor

Gampin

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we really don`t want Anything to do with this sort of thing at all!

just ignore it!

we are a SCIENCE FORUM!

or did we forget that somewhere?

Chill, dude. This is an example of wild claims debunked. You don't ignore wild claims, that gives them tacit support. You attack and destroy error.

Fully within our purview, imo. Don't forget the thread we had where better than half polled believe time travel is possible.

Why not acknowledge it?

Firstly, it is one of the most cited instances of this sort of thing on the web, and our mentions of it are hardly going to make any difference.

Secondly, we are giving people the opportunity to read or take part in discussions which appraise the claims in a scientific fashion (in the other thread where we discussed Titor, if not this one).

Thirdly, starting with a pre-judgement and refusing discussion of a selected topic is hardly a scientific approach. IOW, suspecting a hoax does not mean that we cannot or should not objectively and impartially analyse the evidence.

I think it is very clear in this thread, in case you are truly worried, that Titor's claims are not widely supported here.

To be honest I admire the people who make the good hoaxes. It’s kind of funny that people believe him...

The picture of the bent laser beam cracks me up.

I've seem that. Some people have said that it is optical cable, but it looks to me like a laser lit up by smoke. Optical cables don't light up like that.

This, and the photos/design of the time machine are the things that disturb me most. I'd be happy to think it a hoax otherwise, but there is something too utilitarian about the time machine.

A good hoax maybe, but there is a tiny crack in my closed mind.