What was this equation?

blazarwolf

Im pretty certin its was a japanese mathmetician, formed an equation that works, knowone knows why it works so well, its a bit of an unsolved problem..

The back story: Reading on wikipedia a few years ago, I think I was reading on unsolved problems, ive been back there since and cant seem to find it... As many will find out, im into the big picture, not so great at specifics.

I cant remember man... its really distant (3 minute of 2 years ago) Maybe Statisics or Algebra... not so possibly game theory... Those that have heard of it... should have rememberd "wow wierd", maybe thats cuz im a dummy in the area... It gives you a feeling of Fermats.... The biggest thing I remember is Japanese mathmetician, and discovery around 1950'-1970's, maybe computer theory....

The only thing that springs to mind (and purely because you said Fermat) was the Taniyama-Shimura conjecture. But this is not really an equation, more of a conjecture about the relationship between elliptic curves and modular forms.

Yeh Im a dummy, I wouldent know the diffrence between conjecture, and equation... I did some searching... The only thing reminicent is 6174, and the collatz conjecture, not that its realated, just struck some bells... Its like a majic number,conjecture, equation, or I THINK A PROPERTY OF A NUMBER... The story went like this guy basically stumbled apon it, he didnt know why it worked, and knowone else ever did either... but it worked very beatifully. Coulda just been a poorley written article. 1950's and japanese mathmatician are very inclusive... Im in it for the history. It may have been more related to Physics or Any other science... Its definatly math, but i dont read on math very much, I do on mysterys though.

Edited by blazarwolf