Human Cloning,

Guest Syntax

Since I'm pretty much a retard when it comes to categories. So here goes.

I've seen so many successful experiments going on, such as replicating a human ear, and I even saw one with part of the nose. Do you think in a few years we will be able to completely clone a human body? If so, where would they start the cloning process?

:feedback::spam:

I think cloning is a stop gap effort because it only produces lesser copies. To clone a body part, it won't be perfect but close and it won't last as long as the original but it will do. To clone to perfection, if that's where your going, I don't know how they could do that. If we want "close" clones I guess we will be able to make them soon.

Just aman

Do you think in a few years we will be able to completely clone a human body?

Haha, if you mean clone a non-living mass of flesh that is exactly like your body probably not. We could clone you, but your clone would be a living person like yourself, which would make it unethical to harvest their parts for your needs.

Cloning shows great promise, maybe by the time I'm an old man I'll be able to purchase a replacement heart that fits my body.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Originally posted by Syntax

Since I'm pretty much a retard when it comes to categories. So here goes.

I've seen so many successful experiments going on, such as replicating a human ear, and I even saw one with part of the nose. Do you think in a few years we will be able to completely clone a human body? If so, where would they start the cloning process?

:feedback::spam:

from

Nature 421, 884 - 886 (2003) 'Tissue engineering: The beat goes on'

it was about tissue engineering and especially growing a heart. The biggest proponent of growing a heart in vitro said a few years ago that it could be done in 10 years with 5 billion$. Now he is backing out however, because he was basically full of it back then. What he says in the article:

"In retrospect, Sefton concedes that LIFE's ten-year timescale was unrealistic. "We were trying to capture the attention of the public," he admits. He now thinks that it may be 25 years before a patient receives a lab-grown heart, and refuses to speculate on the price tag. But he is still pursuing funding, and remains convinced that the project could produce tangible results within ten years. "We could probably have something that could work crudely," Sefton claims. "Not something ready to transplant into patients, but something you could hold in your hand."

i shall translate this for you...25 years in biological research is a ludricrous long time to contemplate. Just go back 25 years and think what we were doing back then.

in conclusion. No we won't be growing any organs, let alone bodies, soon other than the normal biological way.