How many Push Ups can u do

bloodhound

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope , the really tough one is u push up from the floor and clap ur hands behind ur back and have to get them to the front again for the landing. and keep doing that 40 times at a go!! i saw that in a fitness mag. it was under "Harcore Exercises"

i can manage to touch my hips. but no way i can clap my hands behind my back. it require to push urself up upto 45 degress. there was a sequece of pics in the mag where some guy was doing it.

i used to do with close fists but cant be bothered nowadays

nope ' date=' the really tough one is u push up from the floor and clap ur hands behind ur back and have to get them to the front again for the landing. and keep doing that 40 times at a go!! i saw that in a fitness mag. it was under "Harcore Exercises"

i can manage to touch my hips. but no way i can clap my hands behind my back. it require to push urself up upto 45 degress. there was a sequece of pics in the mag where some guy was doing it.

i used to do with close fists but cant be bothered nowadays[/quote']

That's a neat exercise. I do push-ups claping hands but never heard of claping hands behind your back, I'll try that some day. But that trains your speed and reaction, doing push-ups on the tips of your fingers or with closed fists trains your finger and wrist strenght.

. But that trains your speed and reaction, doing push-ups on the tips of your fingers or with closed fists trains your finger and wrist strenght.

have u seen bruce lee do a one hand push up with two fingers? absolutely mad. saw a clip from some documentary

have u seen bruce lee do a one hand push up with two fingers? absolutely mad. saw a clip from some documentary

How about a shaolin monk doing it standing upside down using one finger of each hand? :P

montage2.jpg

I had a better picture than this one of one monk training this while other two hold his legs vertically but I lost it...

nope ' date=' the really tough one is u push up from the floor and clap ur hands behind ur back and have to get them to the front again for the landing. and keep doing that 40 times at a go!! i saw that in a fitness mag. it was under "Harcore Exercises"

i used to do with close fists but cant be bothered nowadays[/quote']

LOL, I wonder how many people with broken noses DIDN`T make it past the magazine audition :)

• 1 month later...

Around 30. 20 triangle pushups, where you put your arms together so that your thumb and forefinger meet. I do those so my hands are around my stomach, pretty tough. Also 20 with closed fists. I usually stop those because my fists hurt.

''] I usually stop those because my fists hurt.

i have a pretty strong fist. i usually go round punching walls and stuff. I made a massive dent on my flats plaster. wish i had a camera. my wrist was out for a week. simple things like turning the door handle or turning the tap on was virtually impossible

there are actually two dents. the bigger one made by my Middle knuckle and the smaller one by the one on the right of the middle.

The bigger one has approx dimensions. of 2 cm in diameter and about 4-5 mm in deep at its deepest

the smaller has diameter of about 1.5cm and about 2-3 mm deep.

But u have to see it to really appreciate how big it is.