schott duran

nitric

i'm sure you could, but if you're just a home enthusiast, be careful

by the way, as a general rule, this sort of question isn't usually answered not because we don't want to help, but because no one on sfn actually knows....

Does it REALLY have to schott duran? You can buy other borosilicate brands (like I did) which would be cheaper too. I bought 90% of my glassware from eBay, either locally or from overseas, and I didn't have any problems getting it. Sometimes you can also find schott duran on eBay but not that often, at least not in Au., don't know about US.

Also, I don't see why you should have problems, as far as I'm concerned there are at least a dozen activities out there which require borosilicate glassware and are at the same time legal.

nitric, You're very enthusiastic and not very familiar with the whole topic of chemistry...

I want to express my worries about that.

I fear that the forum is helping you to make some explosives, which I am not sure is such a good idea for a newbie in chemistry.

I do not attempt to produce explosives, I am trying to produce carbon disulfide for use as a

solvent.

I don't attempt explosives or explosive mixtures,i need glassware for the home production of carbon disulfide for use as a solvent.

Does this have anything to do with my avatar?

I might discourage you a little there, as the other chems required are also extremely dangerous.... I just got some carbon disulfide from my school, my teacher let me have about 5 mL of it, suprisingly, they had some in the stock room that they wanted to get rid of.

Carbon disulphide is nearly spontaneously inflammabe, it's neurotoxic and it smells like a rank fart. Surely there's some other solvent you could use?

LMAO. Unexpected, funniest quote of the day. :P