Game Suggestion - not scientific but close!

xgamer3000

For all scientists here that also like Wolfenstein 3D (the 90's DOS game):

Speculative:

What if there was a Wolf3D level, in which you fought a boss that was Charles Darwin himself, armed with futuristic machine guns and special, full body armor. Let's say this takes place centuries in the future from 2008.

Plot:

A time machine was created with help from physicists around the world. One of them went back into the 19th Century and stole Darwin right from his ship, and brought him into the year 2350 or, something.

When you see him for the first time, he would yell:

"Die, Allied Fish-lover!", referring to fish symbols on people's cars.

And, when you killed him, he would plop on the floor, in a pile of goo, right where he predicted we came from, bacteria to be more exact.

Someone should make a level like this? Come on all you Wolf3D fans that do not deny modern science!

>:D

what? that makes no sense at all?
My first post was just a bunch of crazy ramblings, too.

Oh, wait, no it wasn't.

Good spelling and sentence structure though, not like most of the first-timers who post threads on putting Darwin in a 90s DOS game. :D

What if there was a Wolf3D level, in which you fought a boss that was Charles Darwin himself, armed with futuristic machine guns and special, full body armor.
Many people are already too threatened by Darwin, unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this game idea would work better in a more modern style game. That way you can have a long overly dramatic cut scene where you see the history of this Darwin character. I think that is should be a clone of Darwin only he is the result of a genetic experiment. First Darwin's DNA is used to grow the first set of clones only they induce more mutations than those that happen naturally. They then artificially select the clones that hold the characteristics of the product they want. You could even fight this creature multiple times in the game, each time it is a little stronger.

I think that would fit a little better.

HALT! PASS PLEZ!

There's a new version coming out based on the new Tech 4 engine from id. They showed it at E3, and I think it's due out some time next year, presumably for the Xbox 360, PS3, PC and possibly Linux.

Shooting a likeness of Charles Darwin will make us more aware of the validity and importance of evolution.

No, really.

Actually that's pretty dated. We should be talking about dressing Darwin up as a whore and putting him on a virtual street corner, then having the protagonist steal a cab and run him over, then outrun the ensuing police pursuit. :)