The God Paradox

Wormwood

Part of the challenge here, too, is that you are arbitrarily selecting a preferred frame of reference.

If the object being "lifted" is heavier than the object from which it's being pushed, then just flip around and you're actually "lifting" the object on which you're standing.

Lift is relative to your frame. That was more to doG's point. No matter what frame you choose, you are separating two objects with mass, and that's a much more clear way of describing the situation.

Part of the challenge here, too, is that you are arbitrarily selecting a preferred frame of reference.
Well this is a semantic issue. The questions wasn't can omnipotent being X lift anything, but rather can he create something that he can't lift. The negative is the affirmative here which is convoluted I know. But the being would be attempting to create something he can not lift, so failure is victory in this instance. The arbitrary frame of reference helps accomplish this.

If the object being "lifted" is heavier than the object from which it's being pushed, then just flip around and you're actually "lifting" the object on which you're standing.

Lift is relative to your frame. That was more to doG's point. No matter what frame you choose, you are separating two objects with mass, and that's a much more clear way of describing the situation.

I think we are saying the same thing now... it would always be possible to move the object, but at some point "lifting" becomes impossible because of the frame of reference.

Like I said, I was only looking for a cheap semantic victory over this supposed paradox to silence it :D

Well this is a semantic issue. The questions wasn't can omnipotent being X lift anything, but rather can he create something that he can't lift. The negative is the affirmative here which is convoluted I know. But the being would be attempting to create something he can not lift, so failure is victory in this instance. The arbitrary frame of reference helps accomplish this.

I think we are saying the same thing now... it would always be possible to move the object, but at some point "lifting" becomes impossible because of the frame of reference.

Like I said, I was only looking for a cheap semantic victory over this supposed paradox to silence it :D

I think in order to answer this question the supernatural would have to become natural in order to have say physical properties. I do not think such a definition is possible in regards to a physical question like gravity, so what could your answer be?