Microbiology Articles Needed!

Does anyone know one or two good sites where I can find some interesting articles over Microbiology? I've been looking on the internet....and many of the juicy, interesting ones I want to read about, I can't even get into. Or it just lets me read a short abstract of it.

As already was told PUBMED is one of preferable sources of scientific information.

I want only to give some useful tips using pubmed :)

If you want to enrich your knowledge start with searching "reviews" in pubmed and not "articles", they will give you a wide information on everything known / discovered untill today on selected topic.

For finding only reviews you have to specify on search window your topic of interest and you will have to add "review" word.

For example: you want to find some information on Ecoli, you write in search window "Ecoli and reviews" or even without "and". Moreover, if you want to see only a free/open for public articles or reviews go to extended search and mark "only full articles" there.

Good luck ;)

Funny enough Ecoli as a single word does yield some results. Surprised me a bit. Google scholar is soso for finding articles, but a very good database is web of science. It is not free either, though.

Free Journals are ASM-journals (after half a year), BMC and plos, where you can find microbiology articles.

I do have the feeling that he/she was asking for general microbiology info rather than science articles. In this case there are a few online resources, but they all cost money. A good textbook would be cheaper in that case.

Funny enough Ecoli as a single word does yield some results. Surprised me a bit.

Those are just articles written by me, CharonY.

Google scholar is soso for finding articles, but a very good database is web of science. It is not free either, though.

Sometimes I use google scholar to find articles and pull them up in pubmed, just because it works a bit better as a search engine. It's also a bit better for finding journals that cited the journal of interest and author searches.