Knuckle cracking?

That is not really a valid reason now is it ?

That reminds me an old post of some guy that cracked his neck so hard that he felt a tingling sensation in his body for several minutes. If you would come to that point it is better to stop => Better a soft nutter than a hard nutter in a wheelchair right ? :)

Mandrake

my mom said it's bad if you feel a tingling sensation, it has somethign to do w/ your nerves right?...i dunno. My coach said that the cracking(if i really do know what you're talking about. It's so confusing popping, cracking..w/e) anyways, she said cracking your knuckles wasn't bad, becasue it was air in your joints and that when you did whatever you did to make the sound it was just the air being released from your joints. something like that, she said that 2 or 3 years ago.

That reminds me an old post of some guy that cracked his neck so hard that he felt a tingling sensation in his body for several minutes.

That is what i was thinking of when i said "i heard...", i belive it ended with the reason behind the tingling sensation was because of the nerves on the spinal cord or something along those lines.

• 4 weeks later...

There was a documentary on 20/20 or one of thoes shows about myths, lies, and flat out stupidity. They had a thing on nuckle cracking. They said that it is not harmful and does not cause artharitis, or make them larger. They said that air pockets get into your joints is all of your body from sometimes not moving them. When you "pop" them, your releasing the air.Thats why if you watch t.v. for a long time and then move, you knees sometimes pop, there was air pockets in there from not moving.

Excellent theory, but television is proven to be controlled by what the people want to hear, for instance, in a recent issue of Popular Science, it said that meteorologists(I hope I spelled it correctly) are sometimes not meteorologists at all, but newscasters trying to get high in the rankings...

Excellent theory, but television is proven to be controlled by what the people want to hear, for instance, in a recent issue of Popular Science, it said that meteorologists(I hope I spelled it correctly) are sometimes not meteorologists at all, but newscasters trying to get high in the rankings...

That is true, television isn't always truthful, but when they did this documentarty, they had interviewd scientist and doctors on this matter, which I would home would be telling the truth. That is why I sordda believe this. If you think about it, you always hear if you crack your knuckles, they would get larger. I crack my knuckels numerous times a day and they aint got bigger.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pintbomb

I pop my knuckles quite often.

People here have been saying how this can hurt/not hurt but I don't really care. I want a way to actually stop :confused::-(

It's annoying because sometimes I do it somewhat unwillingly.

Please help because if you can think of something that might help please respond. Someone somewhere else said their little brother put a rubber band on his wrist and whenever he popped his knuckles he would snap himself. I am older than that and I know that that won't really help. So some more "mature" ways I guess, if that makes sense. Thanks :D

• 1 month later...
Guest rimpocher

crack addicts all of you! new year is approaching, and so is the annual "I'm gonna stop cracking my fingers honest to god time". I crack my knuckles using the side of my head, so i can hear it nice and loud! i get a lot of freaky looks in the train. I crack other parts too but what has been freaking me out lately, is that when I'm holding my girlfriend's hand I'm fighting the urge to crack it!!! god i need help. I think i'm going to buy a stress ball tomorrow.