Democratic Govts.

aman

The biggest difference that I see between democratic (all people are equal) and other Govts is the importance of the individual. In the democratic world a person in distress will have all the local govt or state or nations resources used to save the individual. That is the attraction of the US, Europe, Japan, and Australia. In other nations you aren't even a person until you have power or money. If your in trouble and aren't a citizen of the above, your on your own except for local and if your in trouble with the govt your dead meat.

Do you think this is the key to getting a Star Trek future. A world where all individuals are important. A world where each citizen of the world will be searched for if lost or aided when suffering.

I don't see why it isn't emphasized that, like in Iraq today, things are getting better because we count bodies now and care. The uncounted deaths before have progressed to being counted and will be accounted for. The more the world does this the closer we get to making the world a civilized place. Soon bodies won't be counted but will be walking around free. Just my opinion

Just aman

My only comment would be, no democratic country has ever declared war on another.

The only way I see that changing is if people keep declaring the country they live in is 'more free' than any other, as happens with the US. The land of the free, granted, but no more free than any other democracy. Once the countrys have the same system of government, we can intergrate much in the same way as the European union.