the psychic brain

Dokta

Pinch Paxton said in post # :

2/ The ball bearing experiment.

Ball bearings are dropped in their thousands down a board, and pins in the board bounce them around in all directions. The ball bearings can fall into two buckets. Left bucket, and right bucket. You are sat in front of the pinboard, and asked to concentrate on making the bearings go into the left bucket. Apparently more bearings go into the left bucket. Then you are told to do the same, and make the bearings go into the right bucket. Research showed that more bearings went into the right bucket. Now I wasn't present during the test, it was on TV so who knows what really happened.

Since this was performed on TV, I daresay it wasn't a fair experiment. Also, I'd bet quite a significant amount that the 'experiment' was either (a) rigged or (b) the difference between the number of ball bearings in the buckets was negligable when compared to the overall tests. I don't know how many people have done significane tests in statistics, but I'd bet a fair amount that this was probably insignificant.

3/ The national Lottery.

Well I thought it might be worth making a computer program to predict Lottery numbers, even if the experiments didn't work it wouldn't cost me anything. So I made my computer programs based on the psychic research. Instead of picking winning Lotto numbers, they picked 5 of my own Lotto numbers that I place every week. That is still amazing though.

Not really.

The odds on winning the lottery are pretty small. Doesn't mean you can't win it though. Similary with your 5 numbers.

How does one go about making computer programs using psychic research, just out of interest?

I've already told you how I made the program. I made a computer program that drops millions of ball bearings into 49 buckets. You make a point without reading my posts, that is not a good sign.

Not really! The odds on winning the lottery are pretty small. Doesn't mean you can't win it though. Similary with your 5 numbers.

My computer picked 5 of my numbers, and 5 of my friends numbers, it was based on an experiment that was devised to pick buckets depending on what you are thinking about. Although all of this could be coincidence, it takes a lot of ignorance to ignore it altogether.

Anyhow my computer program is on the net, and has been on there for about a year now, so you can try it out if you like. It's free.

I've already told you how I made the program. I made a computer program that drops millions of ball bearings into 49 buckets. You make a point without reading my posts, that is not a good sign.

I've read your previous posts. I was curious as to how you simulated dropping ball bearings in 49 buckets. I don't believe you've stated that yet.

Pinch, the Scientist part of me says that what you got was a pure fluke, albeit a cool one! but non the less a fluke.

it MIGHT be worth considering a "Hot" and "Cold" number system to seed you random value with, Hot meaning numbers that appear a disproportionate amount of times, and cold meaning numbers that have NOT appeared as often as they "should" and are due to appear so to speak. that`s about the best way I can think of to at least incorporate the both schools of thinking.

Good luck anyway, I wish you all the best :))

How many runs did it take to pick out your 5 numbers?

Three runs. I do three lines of lotto tickets each week. Say for example...

My computer picked 5 numbers from my third line.

It was 1 number over on the sixth number. It does other strange things besides just picking your numbers. If you think of a number for it to go into, it goes in the opposite direction. Probably has to do with the subconcious. My program is like a clock face, so if you think about number 3, it goes into number 9.

I've read your previous posts. I was curious as to how you simulated dropping ball bearings in 49 buckets. I don't believe you've stated that yet.

I have reasons not to say, but I make computer games, so it was using a sort of pinball physics. If you want a direct link to the computer then remember that the Timer() is connected to the clock pulses which occur every 60th of a second. You need to mentally connect to those pulses to interfere with the rnd() seed.

Pincho.

No, it's a pseudorandom number generator. Computers can't produce truly random numbers.

They can if you can get white noise into your computer, and use this as the seed.

but nothing that would let it pick up on a specific number for a few decades.

That's not very scientific. You have performed no tests at all, unlike me. I have performed 3 years of tests. But you make a quote that is far more extreme than anything that I have said so far. Not only is it extreme, but it agrees with me in a roundabout sort of way. So in a few decades it will be possible? This means that it is possible now surely.

Pincho

You have the same problem with the ball bearings. They have to follow the rules of gravity etc. The computer has to use the Timer() to get its random numbers from. If you wanted to affect the computer choices you would have to slow down, or speed up the clock, then you would have to witness the results of this on the screen so that you could decide if you were improving your chances of getting a number right, or moving the choice away from the number 3 in your example.

Pincho.

You have performed no tests at all, unlike me. I have performed 3 years of tests.

What exactly were you testing?

So in a few decades it will be possible? This means that it is possible now surely.

Er, no, not really. I think you might have meant to say something else there, cos that just don't make sense.

if you use a Zener diodes breakdown voltage and amplify the noise made by the electrons in transition with an OP AMP chip, you`ll make a fairly decent white noise generator, we used to use them as the primary oscilators in drum machines before filtering. all you`ll need to do then is use and Analogue to Digital convertor chip (about 3 quid) and jack the 8 bit output from it into your paralel port, write a program to read these genuine random numbers from the port and use them as the seed value. THAT would be true random and very simple to make :)

Yes that is the idea. Maybe you could even pick up a similar discharge from the brain impulses. There must be a few things that pass through us faster than light, and whatever they are, have come from the future. I don't know if we have the ability to use them in any way, but they would pass through us, and then pass into the computer, or into the ball bearings. It's possible that they might have something to do with gravity, so moving things has a slight probibility. If we could just influence a small fraction of an event, a computer can run millions of events a second, so you could amplify any tiny change in an event. That's about as far as I can go with this psychic brain subject.