Does the mind enter into the string theory?

qwe)k

I Just finished watching The Elegant Universe by briane green (if that's how you spell his name). I have the book which i will read soon but I have one question. Knowing now that everything could be made up of strands of vibrating energy, and knowing that a human brain emits an electromagnetic signals, can these signals have any effect on strings? I've heard a few people talk about this on the internet.

Just a thought, tell me if I'm wrong.

well, a good way to consider it is like this, when you Think or have a thought, Chemical changes take place.

and it doesn`t really matter Where these changes take place, be it a test tube a hot cup of Tea or inside your brain.

the individual Chemicals and the Electrons that move about during a reaction don`t "Know" nor "Care" what they`re taking place inside, be it your brain or said Cup of Tea :)

If superstring theory is correct, which as time goes on, is looking more and more unlikely, then the electromagnetic impulses in your brain would be caused by strings, so intuitively they would have an affect.

• 2 months later...

Read my article. In fact, strings do exist and are collimated and extruded at near perfect phase angle in sub-spatial fields and up-cycle into space at set intervals giving us our cycles. The brain operates around 15 cycles and the body about 30 cycles. Athletes that are very good simply synchronize thier brain and body better than the rest of us. If we have fields in sub-space then we have long-distance communication naturally. About 20 miles, in my opinion, we can deduce at rest and much practice the emotions of a group of individuals given sub-space is more conducive to field effects of organics and given they are less effected by gravimetrics since gravity is....

Read my article. In fact, strings do exist and are collimated and extruded at near perfect phase angle in sub-spatial fields and up-cycle into space at set intervals giving us our cycles. The brain operates around 15 cycles and the body about 30 cycles. Athletes that are very good simply synchronize thier brain and body better than the rest of us. If we have fields in sub-space then we have long-distance communication naturally. About 20 miles, in my opinion, we can deduce at rest and much practice the emotions of a group of individuals given sub-space is more conducive to field effects of organics and given they are less effected by gravimetrics since gravity is....

Sounds like psychostringybabble to me. More people should read The Trouble with Physics - Lee Smolin or Not Even Wrong - Peter Woit. String theory is really doomed to the same fate as phlogiston.

And you could expect that any true theory of everything should be able to clearly explain consciousness. Although I suggest that such a theory would neither have anything to do with unifying the known forces nor much at all concern the present standard model of quantum theory.

Edited by merlin wood
typo