Who wants to buy GM food??

voross

Dear all,

I am a university student in Hungary, currently working on my diploma.

My topic is the consumer willingness to pay for non-genetically modified food products.

Hereby I ask your help to take my survey in the following link:

http://survey.e-businessportal.hu/index.php?sid=54152〈=en

I'd really appreciate your help!

Many Thanks!

Attila Vörös

p.s.: sorry if I was knocking on the wrong door!

Hi voross,

Interesting survey. My main feedback is 1) your questions sometime present a false dichotomy. For those issues which have overlap, consider measuring more of a continuum than a this/that question. 2) You seem to focus a lot on cost as opposed to fear, which I think has a lot to do with this issue. 3) Your demographic section has no option under nationality for United States. 4) Your "amount spent on groceries" is in Euro, it might be nice to put in parentheses beside that how those numbers translate into dollars. 5) Your survey is clearly geared toward students since you don't have an option for "own my own home" under "where do you live."

As you can see, most of my comments are on your demographics page.

Good luck with your project! :)

Thanks a lot,

I admit this survey is far not complete,

regarding your demographic comments,

I'll modify some points especially the prices/currencies and the nationalities.

Comment 2 about the fear factor is also useful, will reconsider, Thanks!

Hi voross,

Interesting survey. My main feedback is 1) your questions sometime present a false dichotomy. For those issues which have overlap, consider measuring more of a continuum than a this/that question. 2) You seem to focus a lot on cost as opposed to fear, which I think has a lot to do with this issue. 3) Your demographic section has no option under nationality for United States. 4) Your "amount spent on groceries" is in Euro, it might be nice to put in parentheses beside that how those numbers translate into dollars. 5) Your survey is clearly geared toward students since you don't have an option for "own my own home" under "where do you live."

As you can see, most of my comments are on your demographics page.

Good luck with your project! :)

with organic stuff they just kind of go 'no chemicalz lolz' despite the entire plant being made of chemicals. seems a bit silly.
The entire plant isn't made of glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup, the most widely used pesticide in the world.

Studies have shown that the application of Roundup on wheat crops a week before harvesting results in higher glyphosate residue in the resulting grain and in the baked flour.
More recent research indicates glyphosate induces a variety of functional abnormalities in fetuses and pregnant rats. Also in recent mammalian research, glyphosate has been found to interfere with an enzyme involved testosterone production in mouse cell culture and to interfere with an estrogen biosynthesis enzyme in cultures of Human Placental cells.
I don't think organics are silly.

The entire plant isn't made of glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup, the most widely used pesticide in the world.

did i say glyphosphate as the only chemical? i was more meaning stuff about chemical fertilizers such as pure ammonium phosphate or potassium nitrate. not to mention all substances fall under the definition 'chemical'.

did i say glyphosphate as the only chemical? i was more meaning stuff about chemical fertilizers such as pure ammonium phosphate or potassium nitrate. not to mention all substances fall under the definition 'chemical'.
Did you know that normal healthy soil contains enough nitrogen-fixing bacteria that it shouldn't need extra potassium nitrate? Unfortunately, most large-scale agricultural processes don't use the pure forms of chemicals and they introduce a lot of acids into the soil (sulphuric and hydrochloric) which kill beneficial bacteria and cause fungus and other bacterial diseases, requiring different chems to compensate.

Citrus fruit trees yield more abundant fruit when treated with high-nitrogen fertilizers but the fruit has a lower vitamin C content. The growers love it because they make more money and don't really care if the food is less nutritional.

I don't think organics are silly.