Global winter?

I have ALWAYS said that the sea ice recovery this past northern winter was a blip - not a long term trend. Even swansont actually agreed with me.

Yes. I think we all need to step back and try to get out of knee-jerk-reaction mode, and actually read what was said.

I think part of the problem is that the linked article in post #1 was an example of what not to say, as explained in your post #6. If you read past the second paragraph of the article, it begins engaging in the denialist behavior of citing anecdotes that was being objected to, so I don't find it all that surprising that the pot got stirred here.

It would be like someone linking to a creationists site to give evidence for evolution, because they had one relevant fact correct but the rest of the information was flawed.

To bascule

For someone who accuses others of straw man tactics .....

I can't recall doing that recently... mostly others have (not very aptly) accused me of strawmanning them, and it appears like you're about to be one of them...

Avoid hypocricy. Only comment on what people actually say!

Okay, let's have a look at what you said:

There appears to be a glitch in the general pattern of global warming.

WRONG

I have ALWAYS said that the sea ice recovery this past northern winter was a blip - not a long term trend.

What "blip"? It's following established norms, and those norms show a continual decrease.

What "blip"? It's following established norms, and those norms show a continual decrease.

And as you showed a few posts back, 2008 is a data point is somewhat above the trendline. Once you distill the discussion, that's all that's been noted here.

Nothing more to see. Let's move on.