does anyone know what those throw downs you buy in shop are made of?

Ice_Phoenix87

devil bangers??? packed in saw dust? is that what ya mean?

I was thinking Salt that they throw down when it`s icey or gunna snow LOL :)))

yeah, the compositin of devil bangers (they look like a twist of white paper with sand in it) I know what`s in em, and NO ya DON`T wanna try make any!,

they`re made mostly in Brazil by peasants, and a good many lose their lives doing it. they manufacture them in the middle of nowhere as it`s ilegal to produce them with such a workforce (I am NOT KIDDING! about ANY of this!!!!) and if someone dies, who cares, lets get another worker from a village to replace them :(((

now i`m not saying ALL are made this way, but over 50% are!

the stuff is lethal! the only safe way to make them is to dissolve the chem in Ammonia soln, THEN coat the white sand in it and wrap them whilst still wet, when dry your asking for trouble!

silver fulminate or was it fulminate of silver? I forget, but either way, please don`t make this stuff! it has NO practical use for anything! you may take my word and the word of the military for that. look it up if you doubt me :)

it`s an organic nitrate with a metal complex, I`de really rather not say too much more, as this stuff is truly lethal! in no uncertain terms, less that half a gram can kill quite easily.

a google search may or maynot get you some answers, but I flatly refuse to give direct answers to the making of this stuff myself, I have limits and personal lines, here I draw the line :)

like it or lump it, that`s the facts :)

they can be with regards to choking risk.

when they are made and properly packed they`re reasonably safe in such small quantities, but when you sit in front ov a bucket full of this stuff, it becomes exponetialy LESS safe :)

it`s not that I mind sharing data, but this particular sort that has no usefull purpose as stated by scientists as well as the military.

so I think it`s perhaps not such a good idea! especialy when you consider there`s much better stuff you can make that`s somewhat less likely to kill you or others by pure accident :)

• 1 month later...