got a few questions about the big bang...

Guest candijo6

Guest candijo6

If I am understanding everything correctly (which I may not be), then the big bang was created by a "large star" reaching the end of its life and basically imploding on itself. Am I correct so far? If this is the case, then why aren't new "worlds" or planets forming be the second??? Could someone explain this??

Thanks

yes it will end, everything will gradually slow down and come to a complete equlibrium,

An the big bang thing, well "a brief history of time" is the best when it states its irrelevant to think of time "before" the big bang since time is a property of space

Yeah, I was confused a little by that...

The big bang was just a really really small thing that containted all the matter in the universe, about the size of a period. Then it exploded and created the universe. Am I right? If so, I can't understand why this sounds plausible. How does the matter become condensed, why does it explode?

thnks

a little theory. What if, there was one HUGE star, and around it was the rest of the universe and whatever else. Then, it turned into a black hole. Everything would be sucked into this black hole. Lets say that EVERYTHING inclusing all planetss and stars were sucked in. Let us say the entire universe was sucked into this black hole. Then this black hole was so dense and compact, like the size of a baseball or golf ball, etc. There may have been an instability which caused everything to blow. Hence the big bang. Maybe the big big bang was not the beginning of time. And what if this "bang" is just another cycle, like life and death, etc.

I think this is what candijo6 means. What do you think?

Speaking of black holes and big bang, they are both referring to singularities, right?

I'm no cosmologist, but what if there are infinitely many universes. Our universe expands, but is inside a singularity. To something outside the singularity, nothing escapes. To something inside the singularity, it's impossible to reach the edge. So there are two forces acting against each other. Things outside the singularity collapses into it while things already inside it expands outward. When the force expanding the universe inside the singularity is more than the force pushing inward, two universes exist together in the same dimension. To the universe that contained the singularity, chaos occurs. Nothing will happen to the universe that was expanding in the singularity. Kind of like a tumor.

The big bang was not caused by a large star. Think for a second about how large the star would have to be (to be stable and still be a star) to store all the matter and energy IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE.

I'd recommend getting out your handle google.com and run some searches.

Guest candijo6

Yes, I think this is my problem with understanding this theory. I have been running some searches but nothing is in very good detail. What cause the explosion in the first place? A lot of the article that I have been reading just say that there was a "cosmic explosion," and then dust particles clustered together. Also, if we assume that there was nothing before the "explosion, " does that mean that there were no atoms or any type of matter...because then were did the dust particles come from?

No one knows, people assume scientifically. It is still the mystery of the universe.

There are a lot of theories about the big bang. Maybe what threw you to the "Star" thing was that there's a theory about the universe "starting" from a tiny dot that was made of all the matter in the univserse -- exploding.

SOMERTHING LIKE the reverse of a black hole.

No one is sure, there are a lot of theories, but the leading thought is that since time is one of space's dimentions, it was probably MADE by it, therefore saying "before" the big bang means nothing. Time was CREATED by the big bang.

Another theory states that the big bang happened after an "older" previous universe (much like our own) had collapsed. The same people who state that theory also say that it may happen to our own universe aventually.

But to get the basics on the big bang I'd have to repeat what blike said and suggest you'll go google it ;)

hope that helped a little..

~moo

Something fun to think about. The second theory about big bang happening after another universe collapse.

Maybe the last universe was expanding so much that heavier elements were falling apart and there wouldn't be anything left except electrons and quarks after a couple million more years of expansion. So some intelligient life collapsed their universe in order to make another universe. Kind of like reincarnation.