Kerry endorses Obama....

Douglas

While looking for information on this, I stumbled accross the following and thought it was hillarious......I'll even admit that it took a few moments to figure out the deal....

Obama Declines Kerry Endorsement

by Scott Ott for ScrappleFace

(2008-01-10) — Sen. Barack Obama today declined the endorsement of Sen. John Kerry, saying his presidential campaign is about “hope and change”, and he doesn’t want to “send mixed messages.”

Sticking with his new stump speech refrain, Sen. Obama said, “They told us you can’t run a presidential campaign without kissing up to every Democrat who ever rode this donkey to defeat. But I say, yes…yes we can.”

“They told us you can’t diss a former presidential candidate who’s a professional Vietnam war veteran,” he added, “But I say yes…yes we can.”

An unnamed spokesman for the Obama campaign said the endorsement rejection is not necessarily permanent.

“If we get to the convention and our campaign needs a little extra shove to put us over the top,” the Obama aide said, “then we might ask Sen. Kerry to…you know…do it.”

http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2851

While looking for information on this, I stumbled accross the following and thought it was hillarious......I'll even admit that it took a few moments to figure out the deal....

Obama Declines Kerry Endorsement

by Scott Ott for ScrappleFace

(2008-01-10) — Sen. Barack Obama today declined the endorsement of Sen. John Kerry, saying his presidential campaign is about “hope and change”, and he doesn’t want to “send mixed messages.”

Sticking with his new stump speech refrain, Sen. Obama said, “They told us you can’t run a presidential campaign without kissing up to every Democrat who ever rode this donkey to defeat. But I say, yes…yes we can.”

“They told us you can’t diss a former presidential candidate who’s a professional Vietnam war veteran,” he added, “But I say yes…yes we can.”

An unnamed spokesman for the Obama campaign said the endorsement rejection is not necessarily permanent.

“If we get to the convention and our campaign needs a little extra shove to put us over the top,” the Obama aide said, “then we might ask Sen. Kerry to…you know…do it.”

http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2851

*grin*...I like the part about "sending mixed messages".

I think it hurts Edwards more than it helps or hurts anyone else.

Yup, it was a slap across Edwards' face. Payback for not taking NC in '04.