What do you not like about SFN?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I'll see if I can work it out.

DrDNA: That was part of the reason why we closed the Religion forum in the first place, and it's unfortunate that such behavior continues. We'll try to stop it whenever we spot it.

What do you mean? What sort of "long mathematical procedures" are you posting?

edit: if you mean long equations in LaTeX, that's the image size restriction kicking in. We can't have you making LaTeX images that are wider than most people's screens. I may be able to make the maximum size a bit bigger though.

What do you mean? What sort of "long mathematical procedures" are you posting?

take a look at thread "don't tell me..." I had to cut down nr 1. 2. and 3. so they fit... but then I was lost... it took me time to put them in the right place...:doh:

not any detailed procedure, just long ones!

I think that's a must for us post pub posting people...ugh, try saying that when you're drunk.

I like iNow's idea of a limited font size for sigs...there is simply no need for THIS ! -_-

I like that idea too! I have only been a member for two days, but I have to agree that oversized fonts are annoying on any forum! With that said, anything too large in the signature is annoying. I hate huge pics too - anything that distracts you from the post.

There doesn't seem to be an effective vB plugin for controlling signature font size. It can be done manually though -- mods can just PM people with big signatures and complain.

If there's a signature that's a problem we'll try to sort it out.

Look at the Signature Permissions in the Usergroup Manager in the ACP to set the maximum size allowed. You'll have to set it for each group you want to limit.

HTH,

• 2 weeks later...

1) (found while writing this post): When I click on a user name or on their user page I have the option "find all posts by this user". I don't find this option on my own CP. So if I want to filter for my posts, I have to find a post of mine and then hit that option rather than going to CP and doing it from there.

2) The interplay between the img tags and attachments always confused me. As an example, here at the position where I wanted to insert the image, a hyperlink shows while on the bottom of the post, where a link to the attachments would be appropriate the image itself is displayed. I think that sometimes it did work as desired, so the problem is either that I am too stupid to properly write a post or it depends on the proper recognition of png files in the IMG tag.

TESTS:

gif-test:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1709&stc=1&d=1200990105

jpg-test:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1710&stc=1&d=1200990185

hm, ok. Seems unrelated to that.

smiley_emoticons_motzschild.gif

dragon_avatar.JPG

1) (found while writing this post): When I click on a user name or on their user page I have the option "find all posts by this user". I don't find this option on my own CP. So if I want to filter for my posts, I have to find a post of mine and then hit that option rather than going to CP and doing it from there.

When you click on a member name it takes you to their member page, not their UserCP. Your User Control Panel is not the same as your member page. If you go to your member page you will see it has the same options as everyone elses. I'd just bookmark it.

When you click on a member name it takes you to their member page, not their UserCP. Your User Control Panel is not the same as your member page. If you go to your member page you will see it has the same options as everyone elses. I'd just bookmark it.

Or... Just go to the Advanced Search window, type your username in the "Search by Username" field, select "Show Results as" - "Posts" (instead of "threads"), and search... same thing happens.

:)

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/search.php

2) The interplay between the img tags and attachments always confused me. As an example, here at the position where I wanted to insert the image, a hyperlink shows while on the bottom of the post, where a link to the attachments would be appropriate the image itself is displayed. I think that sometimes it did work as desired, so the problem is either that I am too stupid to properly write a post or it depends on the proper recognition of png files in the IMG tag.

TESTS:

gif-test:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1709&stc=1&d=1200990105

jpg-test:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1710&stc=1&d=1200990185

hm, ok. Seems unrelated to that.

You can't use img tags to show an image that doesn't end in .jpg or .png or some other graphics format. I believe vB has a way of showing attachments inline, but I forgot...