Mars could have once sustained life!!!

i found an article not so long ago stating that microbial life was found on mars! the way in which these microbes were formed suggests that they could only be formed by 'once living' organisms that go back billions of years ago!

for those who think there was never life on mars, what about life on mars a few billion years from now? do you think it is possible?

• 4 weeks later...

noelle,

I would say it is a criminal idea to change atmosphere of a planet that has life and possibly civilization on it. And if Martian civilization is still alive, it is going to resist this project in a ways we can not imagine.

We have more deserts, mountains and other uninhabitable areas on Earth, that are much more hospitable than Mars for humans - much more of them than there is to steal on Mars.

Lets do not let the greedy for taxpayer money mad scientists to lead us by the path of self destruction.

ES

I would say it is a criminal idea to change atmosphere of a planet that has life and possibly civilization on it. And if Martian civilization is still alive' date=' it is going to resist this project in a ways we can not imagine. [/quote']

we do not see life on mars, so how can that be criminal?

even if there is life on mars, in forms of microbes or multicellular organisms, what does it matter to man kind? think back about the european colonization of Nortern and Southern Americas. the native (humans by the way) life was conquered and purged to extinction in most areas. and these quests were driven by religious zealots and the rich nobility.

so why would our conquest of mars be any different?

Lets do not let the greedy for taxpayer money mad scientists to lead us by the path of self destruction.

that's funny and absurd at the same time.

>>>think back about the european colonization of Nortern and Southern Americas. the native (humans by the way) life was conquered and purged to extinction in most areas. and these quests were driven by religious zealots and the rich nobility.

so why would our conquest of mars be any different?>>>

Admiral,

We have nothing to gain from such conquest in Mars case.

It would be much more beneficial to cooperate with Mars civilization.

ES

We have nothing to gain from such conquest in Mars case.

Try to get this through your thick skull:

There is no evidence of a civilisation on Mars, past or present.

ES

assuming that there was or is a/an Inteligent civilization and not just the microbes or simple animals, it would not be deemed a Civilization w/o our recognition of them, their values and their country. roughly speaking. as it is, mars is open for grabs. so unless someone sees any ethical implications everything and anything is a go-for.

that's funny and absurd at the same time.

And yet it makes no sense at all.

ExtraSense: I have to say, I find your name quite amusing. You have no abundance of 'sense' in any way, shape or form.

assuming that there was or is a/an Inteligent civilization and not just the microbes or simple animals, it would not be deemed a Civilization w/o our recognition of them, their values and their country. roughly speaking. as it is, mars is open for grabs. so unless someone sees any ethical implications everything and anything is a go-for.

Clearly there are "ethical implications" of destroying a Civilization.

And there is no guarantee you Civilization will not be destroyed in process.

ES

Mod Note: All the skulls on mars stuff has been moved to pseudoscience. I don't want to see it here again, any further pseudoscience posts will just be deleted on sight. I am thinking what to do with the cooperation with martian civilization stuff, since that doesn't fit into pseudoscience either.

thanks.

Mod Note: All the skulls on mars stuff has been moved to pseudoscience. I don't want to see it here again' date=' any further pseudoscience posts will just be deleted on sight. I am thinking what to do with the cooperation with martian civilization stuff, since that doesn't fit into pseudoscience either.

thanks.[/quote']

I think we're all fed up with it tbh.

So' date='

the skull from Mars does not belong to the thread:

Mars could ones sustained life...

I guess you have a sense of humor after all..[/quote']

When you post something that can be evidenced in terms of exobiology, it will stay in the thread.