What the hell is nothing?

Hbud

Zero is absense, but also a median point.

Infinity is a higher number than we can define using current systems.

This implies >> Wrong.

OK....So now that zero has been eliminated fron the picture I guess what I'm really trying to ask is....IS nothing equal to or greater than infinity?[

"Equal to" and "greater than" cannot be applied to the concept of infinity.

Are you suggesting that since I might be wrong on something...I would be wrong forever?:doh:

Zero is equal to or greater than infinity......Right? wrong? >:D

No! Zero it's neutral, on its left you go on to minus infinity and on its right you go on to plus infinity. And no matter what number you take (the highest one you can imagine!) you have still not reached infinity. Any number is within infinity (+ or -) but it's never equal or grater than infinity.

So any number will always be less than infinity!

Infinity cannot be reached. Its best thought of (if considered a number) as an endless series of number nines that perpetually grows in both plus and minus. A mathematical concept that shows that there is no highest number really, because numbers do not simply stop at the ‘largest’ of all numbers. My understanding anyway.

And ‘nothing’ is another abstract concept. There is no ‘nothing’ really; there is always something there that can’t always be positively identified. Zero is not nothing, it is an important starting point.

"And ‘nothing’ is another abstract concept. There is no ‘nothing’ really; there is always something there that can’t always be positively identified. Zero is not nothing, it is an important starting point.

Yes! this is where I was going on the topic of Infinity!!

So there is no such thing as nothing? If I close my eyes I will see some kind of field,a black field in my case,sometimes white,so the color of the field,or background to be more exact is definatly not all of nothing..ok....but what is it? It(the nothing background) would have to be a part of ONE whole right?So if we only have one whole...we can't add another one whole to the whole we have already....my point is that I'm starting to believe that Addition is the biggest lie and joke ever...addition is a con...made up by evil capitalists lets say to keep this crazy theory interesting and exciting.

We can devide the whole.but never add to the whole because it (the whole) is the whole.One sheeple plus one sheeple = 2 sheeple....NOT! .... ONE whole sheeple divded by two is still ONE sheeple.:eek:

So nothing would be equal to Infinity????? but could nothing possibly be greater than everything (infinity)????

Nothing itself is a contradiction, since even "nothing" is "something."

However, it's a non-sequitur to presume from this assertion that nothing is infinity. Nothing is something, and you are arguing (it appears) that nothing is everything, or... everything is nothing.

Have you read anyting about nihilism? Is this aligned with your approach to existence right now?

I'm a presentist... only right now, though. :rolleyes:

Isn't nothing just the empty set? When you say, "nothing is F", what you are saying is, "the set of all things that are F is the empty set", or "there does not exist an x such that x has property F", or "for all x, x does not have the property F"

Nothing itself is a contradiction, since even "nothing" is "something."

However, it's a non-sequitur to presume from this assertion that nothing is infinity. Nothing is something, and you are arguing (it appears) that nothing is everything, or... everything is nothing.

Have you read anyting about nihilism? Is this aligned with your approach to existence right now?

I'm a presentist... only right now, though. :rolleyes:

I'm just sheeple....thats my existence right now,I just happened to stumble across this board and thought it would be a good idea to ask some science

questions that have been floating around in my mind for a long time...

Thanks for the reply...I'm going to check out nihilsm on Wikapedia tonight.

Power to the Sheeple!!! we are one!!!

silly me:embarass: