Food microbiology

nicky219

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me regarding a microbiology assignment. I am confused and need some guidance as to what to do next. Details of the assignment below:

Q) Describe, how food poisoning bacteria are able to survive and proliferate in foods.

Taking in to account the following factors:

•The influential factors within foods which influence the growth and survival of microorganisms.

• Relate these factors to the growth of specific food borne bacterial pathogens

•Use information from journals (at least five references published within four years) to Effectively explain the relationship of environmental factors and the growth of specific Food borne bacterial pathogens.

Now I have been asked to reference my work using journals, so far I have identified 4 journals:

1) Letters in applied microbiology (2003)

2) Journal of applied microbiology (2005)

3) Applied and environmental microbiology (2006)

4) Microbiology (2007)

So far I have identified the influential factors which influence the growth and survival of microorganisms.

Any help will be appreciated on this topic, or if anyone is familiar with the journals I have mentioned. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

•Use information from journals (at least five references published within four years) to Effectively explain the relationship of environmental factors and the growth of specific Food borne bacterial pathogens.

Now I have been asked to reference my work using journals, so far I have identified 4 journals:

1) Letters in applied microbiology (2003)

2) Journal of applied microbiology (2005)

3) Applied and environmental microbiology (2006)

4) Microbiology (2007)

So far I have identified the influential factors which influence the growth and survival of microorganisms.

Any help will be appreciated on this topic, or if anyone is familiar with the journals I have mentioned. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Uhm, just knowing the names of four journals and some years isn't going to do you much good.

You need to do a search and find the SPECIFIC ARTICLES in the journals or others that relate to your topic. Unless someone has a photographic memory AND he/she has read those entire years worth of articles in the journals you have listed AND the articles by chance contain the information that you are looking for, that won't be of much use.

You can start by searching with some key words using for example Scifinder on the computer in your school library. Google might even be of some use to point you in the right direction.

• 4 weeks later...