Gay marriage ban in constitution?

fafalone

I think it should be illegal. It's immoral. People say that the goverment can't govern morals, but that's what our laws are. You can't commit murder, that's based on a moral. You can't steal from people, that's a moral. That's all that our laws are.

It's not discrimination, that's when you judge someone unfairly by how they look or a characteristic that they can't control. People are Judged everyday on there merits, how they act, and other things, that's not discrimination.

These people are not fit to make their own decisions in their lives. These people have destroyed themselves through excessive immoral behavior, and need help. Do you let someone who is a danger to himself hurt himself? No. Same here, these people are not thinking clearly and can't be trusted to make sound decisions.

MishMish said in post # :

That does not mean it would be recognized in the uS, which is where it would count for Americans

True, maybe their love is worth embarking into another country for?

More on Canada:

I heard on the radio today (680 news) that Canada expects a 35% increase in the Gay Tourism industry. A market research done says that couples will be willing to spend more next time they come to Canada.

That might be due to the draconian laws and the views of the Bible belt in the US, but it might be because you have all those handsome mounties around.

That’s quite an interesting statistic, is there much homophobia in Canada? I’m assuming the French base makes it quite tolerant towards different sexual persuasions.

-Demosthenes- said in post # :

I think it should be illegal. It's immoral. People say that the goverment can't govern morals, but that's what our laws are. You can't commit murder, that's based on a moral. You can't steal from people, that's a moral. That's all that our laws are.

It's not discrimination, that's when you judge someone unfairly by how they look or a characteristic that they can't control. People are Judged everyday on there merits, how they act, and other things, that's not discrimination.

These people are not fit to make their own decisions in their lives. These people have destroyed themselves through excessive immoral behavior, and need help. Do you let someone who is a danger to himself hurt himself? No. Same here, these people are not thinking clearly and can't be trusted to make sound decisions.

There is something seriously wrong in your head if you actually believe any of that worthless rhetoric clap-trap. You can't condemn an entire swath of the population just because you don't like or understand them.

How is being gay "immoral"? In fact no, don't even reply. Go and look at the "Sanctity of Marriage" and "Homosexuality Facts" threads again - and try to actually take them in this time.

And for the love of god don't try to invoke biblical teachings.

atinymonkey said in post # :

but it might be because you have all those handsome mounties around.

lol

That’s quite an interesting statistic, is there much homophobia in Canada?

I'm not sure about Canada in general, but in Toronto & the surrounding area, there isn't much mainstream homophobia now. I suppose there's always the odd few. In fact, @ the University of Toronto, there's numerous rainbow symbols etched into the sidewalks, stairs, etc. THey're really proud of themselves.

It's kind of weird though. If a gang were to leave their mark on the floor @ the UofT, it would be considered vandalism, where as the rainbows are free to roam...

hm....

I’m assuming the French base makes it quite tolerant towards different sexual persuasions.

lol

Well, next time i stop by Montreal, I'll make a note to check for that.

People aren't suposed to go around marrying people of the same sex!

In your 2000 year old view, maybe. Fortunately only about 4% of the planet subscribe to such notions so the rest of us are pretty much free to live our lives as best we can.

Pretty soon people are going to want to marry animals or something, it's all just ridiculous!

The existence of that desire actually predates the bible, so good luck nipping it in the bud.

You are really stretching things if you think you can compare the loving, intimate relationship between two sentient beings that 10% of the world's population are wont to have with the unusual desire to find relief in a goat that is prevalent in a mere handful of individuals.

The urge to kill is old too.

What has that got to do with anything?

Either explain why that's relevant, or stop making such posts. You're lucky you aren't being warned for flaming so far.

People aren't suposed to go around marrying people of the same sex!

People are supposed to spend their lives with the person they love. Interestingly, nobody gives a flying blue monkey what you think of their choice.

But, in the interest of discussion, justify your position. Explain why people can't marry who they like.