Gay marriage ban in constitution?

fafalone

I'm only 15 now. Gay doesn't so much mean homosexual here, we use it in place of the word "stupid". I'm not exposed to people like that here, not at my school, not on the streets, not anywhere. I don't even see stuff like that on TV. It is completely foreign to me, and to me it is diqusting. We've had a debate in class over this and the vote was everyone against two.

iglak said in post #75 :

one of my friends said something along the lines of "that's so gay" (talking about something that seemed homosexual, not weird).

That's part of the problem too. People use the term gay synonomously with words like stupid, or unbelievable.

Sayonara³ said in post #76 :

Hey NSX, what's that "Q" on the end of LBGQ?

Queer

-Demosthenes- said in post # :

I'm only 15 now. Gay doesn't so much mean homosexual here, we use it in place of the word "stupid". I'm not exposed to people like that here, not at my school, not on the streets, not anywhere. I don't even see stuff like that on TV. It is completely foreign to me, and to me it is diqusting. We've had a debate in class over this and the vote was everyone against two.

Curious.

When someone says "GAY!" near you, what's the first thing that pops into your head?

NSX said in post # :

Actually, in my UofT agenda, in full they're called: LGBTQ: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Queer.

I suppose it's redundant, but I didn't make it up. If you want more information, it's at: http://lgbtq.sa.utoronto.ca

Does queer refer to people who act gay and like hanging out with gay people but are straight themselves? I know people like that.

fafalone said in post # :

Does queer refer to people who act gay and like hanging out with gay people but are straight themselves? I know people like that.

I honestly have no idea. Though in a T.V. show i watched, a gay guy said he preferred to be called queer.

So...I have no idea.

:/

I just read this morning that a new bill coming in in the United Kingdom grants gay partners the right to register in a "partnership agreement" that gives them the same rights as married couples.

This means that separations will go through the courts, divorce-style, and it will mean better protection for any children involved as well as "normal" inheritance rules.

I just read this morning that a new bill coming in in the United Kingdom grants gay partners the right to register in a "partnership agreement" that gives them the same rights as married couples.

This means that separations will go through the courts' date=' divorce-style, and it will mean better protection for any children involved as well as "normal" inheritance rules.[/quote']

Still sounds strikingly similar to the "seperate but equal" policies we used to discriminate against a group in the past...

Demosthenes You immense idiot I don’t know whether to pity your stupidity or just put you on ignore. MORON

That is completely immature. Just because I think something is wrong doesn't mean that I'm stupid. Just because I actually have morals. This world is going down the drain. The whole earth is being degraded. Immorality should not be excepted by the public, but it is. It's sad, it's stupid, it's wrong, and it's gay.

It's fine if you don't agree with me, I just hope you can handle me not agreeing with you.

No, you don't have morals. If you had morals, you wouldn't be such a bigot. You can sit that and pretend that your neonazi skinhead views are moral, meanwhile the rest of the world will pity your ignorance. There's a difference between disagreeing with someones lifestyle choice and exuding inhuman hatred and bigotry. You're a fundamentalist with wildly hatefull and extremist views akin to the Islamic fundamentalists in the Taliban and Al-Qaeda. You are a threat to freedom and progress of society and are in need of mental rehabilitation, consult your priest, because not even deeply religious people are such ignorant bigots. You disgust me.

"Accepted". To except is to excuse or exclude, as in exception.

Sorry that one just really bugs me ;)

As far as I can see you have yet to qualify the statements "it's wrong" and "it's immoral". In fact I am not even sure what the "it" part is. Is it being gay? Is it daring to have an actual relationship? Is it the act of sex?

I have to say, I think things like "you can't have any rights because you're gay" are nothing more than a state-sanctioned, church-ratified version of the playground's standard rebuff; "you can't be in our gang because [insert ridiculous child reasoning X here]."

No matter how many names you call me I will not change my mind, Fafalone. I deny being a nazi, and it hurts me on a deep level and I think you know that. You're trying to hurt me, why? I care what you think and I don't know why you keep up this name calling.

I want to live in a place where I'm really free, I place where we're all free to not be exposed to the immoral things that you seemed to be okay with.

So... you want to live in a soceity where your way of life and people who share your own traits are the only things that exist?

How is this not the same exact thing as the Third Reich's Aryan Race?

...and you've never done anything immoral by the Church's standards? Somehow I highly doubt that.