tampering with DNA

kevin55521

sweet, so what kind of a process would it take to actually mix the dna together (equipment, matierial,how to do i, ect)

Funny how my boss has never asked this.....

If I tell you, you'll know more about it than they do:cool:

I don't care about understanding ......... I want the scientists to get going with the studies of DNA. ..............? Here is a novel idea. Why don't they try both at the same time. I'll be happy and you'll be semi-happy.

Wow! That sounds strangely familiar.......Is it really you, Fearless Leader????:eek:

Just "mixing it all up" would be like combinatorial genetics and at best one or just a very few in billions might be viable (if you are lucky). You might actually see a result if you have an unlimited supply of things to mixupclone and a few million years to wait for one positive outcome.

Success in this would be on a similar scale as the randomly generated identical copy of my left tennis shoe, which has the same mud stains, knots in the shoelaces, and identical scent as the one on my left foot, that is floating around somewhere in the universe.

Got lottery tickets?

It is possible. Have you seen that randomly generated, identical copy of my stinky, worn out tennis shoe anywhere?

You said it best in your logo....it's a good plan............................................to fail.

Hey think of all the fun you could have. However, i don't think we want a copy of your tennis shoes. Microevolution is very important for understanding genes, I take that back. However, we already can seperate genes. We could see how they could work if we put into animal with more functions then bacteria. Both are good ideas, but lets see if when do both. Yes, I'm the fearless leader, but I got a lot of people confused about what I was trying to get across. I could talk to you personally and you could see my side in about a week or seven years, but lets not go there.