A natural cure for cancers

the_colonel

I came across this site (http://www.grouppekurosawa.com) whilst researching coconut milk. They offer 'natural' OTC/herbal/food-based treatments for disease such as HIV and cancers.

Here is a page on cancer that they have. It seems a bit funny to me that there are no refs to peer reviewed journals and on other parts of the site they even advise specific dosages of e.g. curcumin (what they term a 'natural medicine')

Some quotes from the page

"..we will show that direct contact of a metastatic tumor mass and a Kurosawa kocktail can induce massive and virtually immediate necrosis in the cancer cells. Although this seems like an ideal treatment protocol, it has its risks.." (kidney damage I think they said from being unable to cope with remains of tumour)

"The natural medicines in YUCKKO™ and QUERCUR™ have no or very low toxicity towards normal cells, yet, under certain circumstances, they interfere significantly with the growth pathways of cancer cells, resulting in their death by programmed cell death or necrosis"

A bit disturbing from the main index page

"..We utilize volunteers, Kurosawa Mice, to test these treatment protocols on a wide variety of disease conditions. These volunteers use their own bodies as experimental organisms and report their results to our discussion group.."

Any oncologists want to critique this site?

• 3 weeks later...

"..We utilize volunteers, Kurosawa Mice, to test these treatment protocols on a wide variety of disease conditions. These volunteers use their own bodies as experimental organisms and report their results to our discussion group.."

The heck with the cancer cure! Communication with these delicous, brave, self sacrificing mice will certainly change the way we relate to each other, how we treat other life forms, how we think, and how we practice religion forever.

Anybody got any good Kurosawa Mice recipes?

It seems that Kurosawa Mice are not mice but some kind of technical term for a type of scientific volunteer.

"We began our HIV journey with three very brave Kurosawa Mice, or human volunteers who put their lives on the line and lived to tell about it."

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:xT_90Ar27okJ:grouppekurosawa.com/blog/2004_12_23_+Kurosawa+Mice&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

I am not an oncologist, but I do study medicine and I know what this is in reference to.

Curcumin is an angiogenesis inhibitor, and it is a primary ingredient in cury. Countries that have high levels of curcumin in their diet have lower instances of certain types of cancer ( I want to say prostate and breast cancer off the top of my head). Also, Asian soy is full of angiogensis inhibitors, and the same is true of diets that contain high concentrations of Asian soy. I believe the American lima bean also has these inhibitors to a lesser degree.

There is plenty of peer reviewed research on angiogenesis inhibitors, though most medical research is going to center around medications that contain the inhibitors, like celebrex or vioxx. I hope this helps.

I'm not an Oncologist, my doctorate is in Medicinal Chemistry/Natural Products Chemistry.

I've done some reading on the Kurosawa Group website.

It looks to me like.....uhmmm....well, I'll give you some info and let you decide......

"The GK Quality of Life Blog can be accesssed directly via PalPal."

"This blog is private and available by subscription only through the Grouppe Kurosawa Discussion Group. Due to our increased costs, we now charge $35 (non-refundable) for 3 months access to this important medical blog and discussion group. If you prefer to pay by check or cash, your subscription to this Blog is for 12 months at a cost of $140 USD. Once you paid this fee, it cannot be refunded if you decide to cancel your subscription."

"Grouppe Kurosawa Quality of Life Blog

This blog cost $79USD/for 3 months. The blog essays are written multiple times per week and contain information and treatment protocols for herpes infections, obesity and general weight loss, building muscle mass, hair growth and hair loss, skin conditions, libido and sexual arousal issues.

Private and Professional Consultations

Individuals who require private individual consulting and treatment guidance on their medical condition can receive it for $100 a month. You can speak to Dr. Martin at any time, send him your current natural medicines protocols for evaluation, and cancel the consulting agreement whenever you wish.

Physicians, including Chiropractors who seek professional consulting can receive it for $300 a month. This consulting agreement includes specific literature searches, telephone conversations, fax communications, etc.

Physicians who wish to consult with Dr. Martin by telephone only on a need by need basis can receive it for $50 an hour. "

It is apparently run by Dr Stephen Martin "Chief Scientist of Grouppe Kurosawa"

Bio:

"AA degree, College of Marin. Psychology

BA degree, Reed College. Psychology

Ph.D Candidate, Harvard University (Left for lack of financial support)

BA degree, University of California, Santa Cruz. Biology

C.Phil. University of California, Berkeley. Immunology

Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley. Immunology"

I've never heard of anyone leaving Harvard grad shool for "lack of financial support", especially after becoming a "PhD Candidate"....

Very interesting and quite a novel way to supplement income......

I'm no lawyer of course, but does anyone know if this is legal?

It appears to be a solicitation to give medical advise for a fee......"Individuals who require private individual consulting and treatment guidance on their medical condition can receive it for $100 a month"....apparently without a license..???

Anyone know anything about that?