How to use forum?

murulidhara

Dear members,

I am new this forum. All these days I was posting questions in this forum. Forum is very good and informative. Still now I am having some doubts about the usage of this forum. Can any one clarify the following doubts:

1. Against each posits we see reply and view columns. What is this view column. How th use this.

2. Regarding private message. What is the usage of this.

3. If by chance we post in a wrong forum can we move it to the correct forum later on?

Thanks in advance

1. i think your talking about in the top left where it says "view first unread"?

ive never used it, but i would assume it takes you to the first post on that thread that wasnt there the last time you visited the site.

2. private messages are used if you want to send a message to one member of the forum, instead of posting a public thread that everyone can see. if you click on someones picture it will take you to their profile where there is a link that says send this user a private message. click that and just fill in whatever message you want to send. alternatively, you can click their name and it will bring up a menu and you can just click the private message option.

3. no, but you could probably get an administrator to move it for you, and a lot of the time if its in the wrong place they will just go ahead and move it without being asked.

Hi, welcome etc...

1. The number of times a thread has been "viewed" so clicked on by people.

2. Just a private message to any member you want.

3. No but if a mod sees it's in the wrong place they will move it.